LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: fish oil

Quote Originally Posted by mushdoc View Post
    Ok-
    Fish oils-I am a graduate from Emory University. Practiced general medicine for 3 years and found that I was opposed to the approach of dispensing drugs for every condition. A good friend told me about his practice as a Chiropractor and the all natural approach to health appealed to me so much that I opted for a career change.
    I have been practicing as a D.C. for 12 years. I have had over 200 patients tested at either Lipid Technologies or Metametrix Clinical Lab for the Omega 3/ Omega 6 ratio.
    All of those that have taken a quality Omega 3 supplement have seen significant improvement.

As far as should it be taken? You can find links to support whatever argument you want. I have put in a lot of time on this subject and my conclusion is that the vast majority of data proves it to be of benefit.

Breakfast- There is no doubt that fueling up at the start of the day is best. Some people have a really hard time eating until they have been up for several hours...

Comments- if you can't see how condescending and snarky some of your comments are then I would suggest reading through some of this thread. Posting a link and then sneering that someone is wrong because it refutes whatever link you found is evidence enough.
    All but one post I made on here was straight forward, and had no comments that were snarky. Yes, I got a little rude with Royboy, but that is my response to his normal communication style. If you took them as snarky, maybe you were already judging before reading.

As for your experience, that is good information. I am not sure what controls you used, or what other factors could be part of the study. Did you write a paper or record results? I would love to see it. Keep in mind, the study I posted was for thousands of patients. However, with the right controls, your data may be just as valid.

Ok-
    Fish oils-I am a graduate from Emory University. Practiced general medicine for 3 years and found that I was opposed to the approach of dispensing drugs for every condition. A good friend told me about his practice as a Chiropractor and the all natural approach to health appealed to me so much that I opted for a career change.
    I have been practicing as a D.C. for 12 years. I have had over 200 patients tested at either Lipid Technologies or Metametrix Clinical Lab for the Omega 3/ Omega 6 ratio.
    All of those that have taken a quality Omega 3 supplement have seen significant improvement.

As far as should it be taken? You can find links to support whatever argument you want. I have put in a lot of time on this subject and my conclusion is that the vast majority of data proves it to be of benefit.

Breakfast- There is no doubt that fueling up at the start of the day is best. Some people have a really hard time eating until they have been up for several hours...

Comments- if you can't see how condescending and snarky some of your comments are then I would suggest reading through some of this thread. Posting a link and then sneering that someone is wrong because it refutes whatever link you found is evidence enough.
    It would be very interesting to see what response you get with the same study population if they just ate lots of fish during the same time period. Would they achieve the same, better or worse results? Because most people on this thread that are refuting fish oil are refuting the source of the oil as being degrading to the balance of the oceans food chain. The anti fish oil caucus is saying rather than eat fish oil, just eat fish. This way the krill and the menheden can flourish and sustain the rest of the fishies.

Images
    Krill and menhaden > humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    All but one post I made on here was straight forward, and had no comments that were snarky. Yes, I got a little rude with Royboy, but that is my response to his normal communication style. If you took them as snarky, maybe you were already judging before reading.

As for your experience, that is good information. I am not sure what controls you used, or what other factors could be part of the study. Did you write a paper or record results? I would love to see it. Keep in mind, the study I posted was for thousands of patients. However, with the right controls, your data may be just as valid.
    Maybe I was too quick to point at your comment. If you and Roy have a history of back and forth then I get that.

As far as the environmental impact that fish oil consumption is having...I really have not looked at that issue.It seems that over fishing as the population expands will continue to be a problem, and I have no idea what the remedy might be.

.It seems that over fishing as the population expands will continue to be a problem, and I have no idea what the remedy might be.
    make less babies
    eat different food
    voila

What a post to wake up to. JA is an instant legend. Who's he calling "dear"? He called someone dear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    It would be very interesting to see what response you get with the same study population if they just ate lots of fish during the same time period. Would they achieve the same, better or worse results? Because most people on this thread that are refuting fish oil are refuting the source of the oil as being degrading to the balance of the oceans food chain. The anti fish oil caucus is saying rather than eat fish oil, just eat fish. This way the krill and the menheden can flourish and sustain the rest of the fishies.
    This study has been done as well. Males in Japan or China, can't remember which, with high levels of omega 3 in there diet have lower instances of prostate cancer. I think our diets are too filled with other bs to just be able to give a pill to a couple hundred dudes and simply check yes or no if they got cancer.

Bro. Please. Do not start this debate all over again. It's done.

Let's now debate who JA was calling dear!!!

Pacific fish oil will enable you to read at night without the lights on.

Can I put fish oil in my engine?