LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: fish oil

Thanks, Capecodcdog! I'm gonna pick up one.

Do you enjoy sealife in the Atlantic? If so STOP TAKING FISH OIL. They are destroying the Atlantic Manhaden populations (aka bunker, the bait you use for fishing) to make oil for these supplements, and lying to you about the fish it is coming from. Almost every single fish in the Atlantic relies on healthy bunker populations, including whales, and it is one of the key reasons the fish stocks are so low.

Quote Originally Posted by margo View Post
    What's "the Carver"? Not messing with you if its something obvious that I should know. Just curious.
    capedoggydog gave you the four eleven on the surfskates. Clemmy also keeps telling me of this cutting utensil that he's so excited about debuting when splicing that pollo open at his holiday bizzash next month. Keeps talking about "the Carver". We know from his mention if slavery that RoyChuck prefers el carne blanco and BCN definitely fancies the dark.

Whole food sources are everything. Our bodies adapt, yes, but what are they designed for? Unprocessed, organic foods, most of which are nuts, leafy greens and other veggies, the occasional meat group, and occasional whole grain. I'm the last cat to push the crunch movement, however, I have a simplist/naturalist viewpoint on things like diet.

Another related anecdote is the giant fish market at the pier in La Libertad, El Salvs, they were hawking massive amounts of shark oil. Wonder where they got it, since it was my prior understanding that sharks weren't prevalent in ES shorelines. That fishcapade was something else, and the salesperson skills of some of those peddlers was impressive.

Anyone else have interesting dietary practices?

Hair-pie, all day everyday

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Hair-pie, all day everyday
    Apparently the Japanese variety. Those chicks ain't gettin boned, and I think that is a damn shame.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Anyone else have interesting dietary practices?
    from the mature surfer POV: agree completely on the irreplaceable value of whole foods and unprocessed foods. there is little evidence that vitamins are useful and certainly no replacement for real food. that being said, there are several supplements i have found to have long-term anti-inflammatory value, useful for maintaining flexibility, agility etc: dried ginger capsules and turmeric capsules, both of which have clinical data as well as thousands of years of anecdotal evidence behind them. agree also on fish oil, and also favor ground flax seed, which provides both omegas and fiber in 2-3 teaspoons per day.

all of these things are dirt cheap, and in conjunction with good diet and exercise, have kept this 53 y/o still skating and still surfing a short board after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Do you enjoy sealife in the Atlantic? If so STOP TAKING FISH OIL. They are destroying the Atlantic Manhaden populations (aka bunker, the bait you use for fishing) to make oil for these supplements, and lying to you about the fish it is coming from. Almost every single fish in the Atlantic relies on healthy bunker populations, including whales, and it is one of the key reasons the fish stocks are so low.
    Amen brother! That's what I'm trying to say. Get rid of the krill and the menhaden and the other bottom of the food chain species and the rest will collapse. It's not rocket science. Procreation at rate A minus pillaging at rate A x 10 = no food for the rest of the fish = no fish. Duh!!!!

an even bigger problem is the acidification of the ocean via increased atmospheric co2 levels, high acidity means no shells being made, (calcium carbonate is basic) diatoms are at the bottom-bottom of the food chain....

I do like seeing people realize the delicate web of life we live in.

and BE, yes, all that slim Asian trim going hungry makes me a lil cray cray

MIS, your next 'surfing' trip should be to Thailand. Seriously. Quite a place, whoa. And once in awhile some waves at Phuket. Or a short flight to Bali, et. al.

emass8', now that we know by your own bragging that you're ripped, buff & cut (sounds like you & chucka-boo-boo hit the same latex dummies) we can all rest easier knowing that you're, well, aware of yourself.

I should have been more specific, japanese, no likey Thai

who am I kidding. f*ck you are right