LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Wilmington NC, Northern Fla or PR

Looking for a 2nd crib as I head into my golden surfing years what location would you choose. I'm thinking PR cause of the warmth but already have property in the Wilmington NC area I bought in the late 80's.. Currently reside in Dirty Jersey

Great choice to have. How about renting in PR for awhile before you decide?

For some reason, this comes to mind: The guy from the FuelTV surfing show, Shayne McIntire, resides in PR with his family. He's from SoCal. Must be pretty good waves & pretty good living in PR if a global surf traveler picked that as his settle-down spot.

Really? "Warmth" is the reason you would opt for Puerto Rico over Wilmington? I cant put my finger on it, but I think there might be something more.

go to pr. Take me with you. It will be great!

Images
    If you need someone to take care of/move into your place in Wilmington then I'm your guy. Don't have any money but I will totally keep the robbers away.

The only thing with PR is the off season probably no rental income whatsoever. Not interested in Rincon to expensive thinking Ramey Base.
    Wilmington has a lot more to offer socially if you get what I'm saying and surely is a nice place to live. PR is a good place to visit and catch good waves but would not want to live there Year round.. When it's flat it's torture.. I have a friend who's been there the last 6 years he can't come back to the states.. LOL! Could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Great choice to have. How about renting in PR for awhile before you decide?

For some reason, this comes to mind: The guy from the FuelTV surfing show, Shayne McIntire, resides in PR with his family. He's from SoCal. Must be pretty good waves & pretty good living in PR if a global surf traveler picked that as his settle-down spot.
    He sure does. He lives up on a hill above one of the breaks in Aguadilla. I hung out with him and his family 4 years ago and they are awesome. I highly recommend living in Aguadilla over Rincon. Just remember it's not very consistent there and is typically only good during our winters.

If you go you should shoot him and e-mail and see if he has time to meet up and get a quick surf in.

I'm sure there's someone in PR right now on a forum talking about retiring in Wilmington but they have property in PR. Wouldn't be hard at all to find someone who would want to trade properties.

Course if it were me I would sell the property and retire in Indo! Your money will go way farther! Year round surf and nice warm water! Warm water and waves is the most important thing! I don't think I could retire in a place that gets below 70 degrees!

Pretty easy to get to PR from ILM!

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    I'm sure there's someone in PR right now on a forum talking about retiring in Wilmington but they have property in PR. Wouldn't be hard at all to find someone who would want to trade properties.

Course if it were me I would sell the property and retire in Indo! Your money will go way farther! Year round surf and nice warm water! Warm water and waves is the most important thing! I don't think I could retire in a place that gets below 70 degrees!
    entering his golden years i'm sure the health care in indo is top notch......more to living comfortably then warm water and waves