LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

to train or not to train?????

I'm thinkin about starting to work out or train to improve my surfing. I've heard a lot of people say it helps out your surfing tremendously and also i know a lot of pros have their own personal trainers. I wonder what type of work outs they do or which muscles they focus on. I mean surfing does require your entire body to get some sort of exercise so its most likely a combination of cardiovascular and anaerobic work outs. I wanna start getting into this stuff but i have no idea where to begin. I dont wanna over do it just pace myself along the way until one day i can lift a car and look like stewie griffin after after peter gave him steroids. but in all seriousness do you guys train/get in shape to improve your surfing? if so what do you do to train?

Images
    i dont always search the forum... but when i do, i find my answers. Stay searching my friends

Dane don't train.

shake weight

Training is pointless. Stick to bench pressing. The hindus are only impressed when you can bench 400 lbs.

I used to lift and do surf specific work outs I found on here and on youtube. I recently decided to give yoga a true shot. It was a good choice. I searched this forum and long story short found a dvd set called yoga for surfers 1,2 and 3. It was to expensive to buy but I found all 3 on youtube.
    Now Iv lifted for maybe 10 years now and was very skeptical but after 2 weeks I'm happy with my choice. Yoga for surfers 1 is a bunch of pre/post surf stretches that deffinitly help with flexibility. The other 2 are more of a work out and intense. Iv already lost 8 pounds, I went from 158 to 150. I didn't have allot of fat on me but I do look more cut. As I write this my back is the most sore it's ever been without doing dead lifts and rows and what not. I don't know if it's improved my surfing but I definitely feel great. If you do decide to give it a shot, I warn you it's a bit cheesy. Ignore the cheesy hippie dippie crap and just do the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    i dont always search the forum... but when i do, i find my answers. Stay searching my friends
    Classic.

Images
    but seriously though. i do yoga every morning and it really does help/ i can do headstands now and **** haha. i looked all of it up online. here's the link.
    http://www.surfertoday.com/videos/55...es-for-surfers

I train all the time.... I can't afford not to.

I don't have a car and cabs are too expensive.

Just make sure you have a bowel movement once a day....you'll be fine.