LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Crowd Control Techniques

The surf season is just getting into gear here in South Florida. The next swell is going to be blown out and drifty, so crowds are not a factor except at the south sides of jetties. But, when it gets good and it gets crowded, I have a few tricks.

1. Look at the guy who is on the peak, just before the wave gets ready to peak ( assuming you are the next one closest to the peak) and with big wide eyes, stare right behind him and say real loud: "Holy sh*t! Did you see that shark?!?" As he instinctively turns to see what he thinks is Jaws coming at him, snake the peak. If he gives you a hard time about not seeing anything after you paddle back out, swear to God that you just saw a 10 foot bull shark. Prove other wise! Word of caution: It only works if you don't use it too often, and never at the same spot on the same day.

2. That is all I am giving away. Does anyone else have any crowd control tactics they would like to share?

The ultimate crowd control tactic is dropping doo doo turds out the pant leg of your suit and then claim it as if it was the most shred gnar accomplishment in history.

Images
    I always tell people that the water is really warm where I am at...jokingly of coarse...I do hate it when people spit all over the place, so I am the guy that will tell you about it, I get crazy looks sometimes, but they don't do it anymore or they just paddle off

Saw a guy wearing a white surf helmet & an orange jumpsuit with the arse cut out of it. Seemed to do the trick.
    Last edited by yankee; Oct 23, 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Images
    ^^^+1....that's funny Yankee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    ^^^+1....that's funny Yankee!!!
    Had to change it up slightly......but thanks!

Images
    ^^^+1....that's funny yankee!!!
    +2, f**king classic!

I always tell people that the water is really warm where I am at...jokingly of coarse...I do hate it when people spit all over the place, so I am the guy that will tell you about it, I get crazy looks sometimes, but they don't do it anymore or they just paddle off
    Dude, You cant make up rules like that. If you told me not to spit in the water(which is full of feces, disease and the dreaded fish poo)I would then tell you to paddle on. I spit a lot, I don't like the taste of salt water. So get F-ed. Spit aint litter, and it wont hurt you.(mine wont anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    Dude, You cant make up rules like that. If you told me not to spit in the water(which is full of feces, disease and the dreaded fish poo)I would then tell you to paddle on. I spit a lot, I don't like the taste of salt water. So get F-ed. Spit aint litter, and it wont hurt you.(mine wont anyways)
    Aggro, I like it Mac, I like it....and it keeps the jumpsuits at bay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    The ultimate crowd control tactic is dropping doo doo turds out the pant leg of your suit and then claim it as if it was the most shred gnar accomplishment in history.
    That is heavy duty!