LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Saw a guy wearing a white surf helmet & an orange jumpsuit with the arse cut out of it. Seemed to do the trick.
    Did he have a long gray beard?

Quote Originally Posted by LeastCoast View Post
    Me and my buddies pretty much recite all the classics from Nova Scotia's finest, the "Trailer Park Boys."
    We clear peaks pretty quick.
    YES!

"We're getting drunk tonight, Randy."

Images
    I took a crap in the water at matunuck. It dettered my friend from my getting some waves until it sank.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    back in jerz, I had a friend who would just get baked out of his gord and start yelling sheet like
    BABY COAT HANGER ABORTION
    ANAL FISTING MIDGETS
    **** OFF GROM IMA GONNA RAPE YOUR MOM
    he would have a LARGE radius of vacant space around him and if anyone started to invade he'd say I SEE YOU CREEPIN!
    I think we have a winner here.

I've always wanted to charge first street in july with nothing but my log and the smallest speedo I can find. Maybe when my meds run out.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    If someone else is closer to the peak and is paddling for anything but the last wave of the set while you're paddling toward the same set, paddle hard but smooth, maybe even glide for a few feet while casually watching him commit to the wave. All while knowing the next couple of waves look bigger/nicer.

No need to get the dude all worked up and wondering if he should wait for the next one.
    This is a great tactic by the way, buried in all the BS. Totally passive yet completely effective. I did this last week when I was caught in a crowd, baited a guy into a wave to clear him out because I saw the next set coming through. Don't underestimate everyone's desire to not miss a wave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I spit a lot. It is probably why I never get sick when there is bad stuff in the water. I care about my health more than I care about "manners" in the water. I also sometimes launch a nice snot rocket. It isn't geed to keep that stuff in your body.
    We don't get sick because we don't surf in cesspools like NJ.

Images
    Snot rockets all day, being in the water's like a sinus douche for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Your right Yankee...agro....hey Mac I'm not talking about a little salt water spray from your mouth... im talking loogies, you know the kind that comes from deep down inside your nostrils, c'mon over here I'll show ya.
    Sounds like your attempting to break your own rules.. d*mn hypocrite. I'll be down there this winter, I'll look you up. We can spit all over the beach and out into the line up together. I'll even do you a solid and save all of my spit and lungies in a jar until then. I'll smuggle the green stinky down there and let you have the first whiff. If your down we can give it a burial at sea. We'll set those slimers on a boogie board and push it out into your most popular lineup on a day with some 20 footers. It'll be fun. Then we'll have a beer and laugh.
    There are more concerning things in the ocean than that guys booger that just floated by me. Plus, up here in the great north, we wear these things called wet suits. It's like a modern day suit of armor. No snots be getting through one of these babies. Jus sayin

The best approach is to surf where few others do. i.e. MAINE in late fall, winter and early spring. Last Thursday, good swell, had the whole beach to myself. There, the secrets out.

I also spit a lot, but it really doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Another idea is to get deeper than everyone else (longboard). If you consistently get the waves earlier in perfectly fair fashion, people will get frustrated and move. You're not doing anything wrong and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post

Another idea is to get deeper than everyone else (longboard). If you consistently get the waves earlier in perfectly fair fashion, people will get frustrated and move. You're not doing anything wrong and it works.
    Sitting WAY OUTSIDE will not make you many friends. I'm not insinuating that you need them. Christ-a-mighty... Share, Play nice. You northern guys spit, piss and crap all over each other... Man I'm glad I moved down here with all the "crazy rednecks"