i keep hearing that singkle fins are great in the tube not that we get a ton of tubes on the east coast but more than ten times i have heard this. is this simply because the single fin finds the pocket of the wave more. with a thruster you have more freedom of movement and te single fin likes to hug the pocket. am i correct in saying this?i love a single fin longboard but love thrusters when the surf gets serious or for travel boards. thrusters hold tight on a nice drop and i would assume a single fin would spin out a lot easier-maybe i am wrong never surfed one with a shirtboard

Quote Originally Posted by BSnyder View Post
So as a child of the seventies, my first surfboard was a Russel single fin. 7'2\". Beat up, but ride-able.Took it home, fixed all dings with my dads Bondo, and proceeded to paint bottom and rails blue. White deck with a blue Lightning bolt. My first board. And also my first airbrush job. Surfed it for a year and traded it for a Twin-fin. Which I also painted. But that's a different story. Since then I have always had a love for single fins. Their lines and the simplicity of one fin. And the ride. The way they flow. and smooth out your style. Not to mention how they ride the tube! So the last couple years I have built a few. Mostly pintails. Some sorta retro. Some very modern. Here's a few.
Barry Snyder
http://barrysnyderdesigns.com />Agaves 005.jpgDSCN0481.jpgMisc boards 007.jpgMisc, WPF's 009.jpgmisc 021.jpg