LOGIN | REGISTER

Colleges in San Diego

As I'm applying for colleges soon, I wanted to get a better sense of what the schools are like in San Diego area. My parents plan to move out there to retire so I feel like it would be a good fit. (UCSD, San Diego State, and University of San Diego) If anyone has any experience or knowledge about these schools it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Been there done that... Are you from the East Coast? I am, and I went out to visit UCSD, San Diego State, UCSB (Santa Barbara), Berkeley, Stanford...the whole thing. Well I enjoyed the trip but now that I'm applying, the only one I'm actually going for is Stanford. The reason is that all the UC schools are going to cost a private school tuition for a public school education. UCSD and UCSB especially apply to a Cali-based student body, so lots of kids go home for the weekends, etc. You may go so far to call them commuter schools; UCSD doesn't even have a football team. It is right on top of Black's though so most of your time may be spent there... That being said, if you are from California it's a completely different story. I have heard good things about USD, not too sure about SDS. Have you looked into Pepperdine? The campus is unreal. A short hop from Malibu.