LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    oh, there is beer here, just not in the forum, unless I bring it

Also, my final point about why Christianity is looney toons and is best ignored. I dont want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so I will say loving everyone as your brother is the highest ideal of mankind......however, the fundamentalists believe, nay, are anxious for an earth-destroying battle near Meggido Israel, on the plain of armageddon. They believe armies of Jesus (didn't know he had one) and armies of satan ( a mythological creature representing our egos) are going to duke it out with tanks and nuclear weapons for a winner take all showdown

so instead of affecting change and calling BS on the Palestinian occupation, they say its Gods will, the earth will be destroyed anyway, blah blah blah

From what I read, the old JC would be most unhappy with the treatment of the occupied territories and would love to prevent a battle/slaughter

So, looney toons crew, please stop spreading your neurosis, the grownups are working on real problems like building bridges and roads and food production and waste reduction, etc
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Oct 28, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Not trying to accomplish anything other than to offer my oppinion on Wayne's MO of gathering followers to my faith. Even though I did not make the poll about Wayne and only Wayne is starting the threads about himself, I do understand your point man, but also I do not put links to things in my life on the forum or the web for that matter therby opening myself up to the criticism like Wayne does. It's the same as when someone posts a thread about a board or wetsuit they bought, they are going to get positive and negative comments about it.

In the end though you are probably right in that too much of my and many other members lives have been wasted on both Wayne and Roy. If we could get some swell or I was a little bit busier at work perhaps I could find soemthing else to occupy my time.
    I hear you, rcarter. This whole forum is based on opinions, so there is never a right or wrong post. It is up to the readers to decide what posts deserve attention and which posts do not. Some posts may deserve a counter thought, but sometimes that can get a little excessive; as in Wayne's case. I can't remember who said that he was "forcing religion down our throats," but those who claim he's forcing religion down our throats are the same people who are forcing the anti-Wayne down our throats! What's the difference?

Either way, I'm asking the community here to let all of this back and forth banter go. This place is a surf forum, not some middle school *****fest forum.

Hopefully, we'll get some waves soon

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I hear you, rcarter. This whole forum is based on opinions, so there is never a right or wrong post.
    Either way, I'm asking the community here to let all of this back and forth banter go. This place is a surf forum, not some middle school *****fest forum.

Hopefully, we'll get some waves soon
    As one who got drawn into the wayne-gnome-chuckabooboo insanity, I agree with DL.

Let's get back to surfing. Ignore the 3 blind mice, er, trolls.

okay, so like is the silver surfer like the jesus or is he the devil?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    As one who got drawn into the wayne-gnome-chuckabooboo insanity, I agree with DL.

Let's get back to surfing. Ignore the 3 blind mice, er, trolls.
    I agree too. Dlrouen has shown me the light! Hey wait is DL the messiah? I'm gonna follow his teachings from now on

To the guys that have nothing good to say, STAY AWAY. It is simple, I am not trying to get you all going. I am just putting info out there that is surf related with Jesus in it. I am a Christ Follower looking for fellow surfing Christ Followers to join a movement. Right now this is a free country, that is the beauty of the USA. Most of the guys I speak to from this forum do not even post. Listen, there is more + feedback than you think. For you guys who bring other religions I will never put you down. For me it is about a personal relationship with JESUS

What's your favorite post-surf chowdown...? And if you have a favorite eat place, feel free to name it.

Here's mine:
    Fish tacos
    Mexican food
    Beer (only if not surfing second sesh)
    Chicken & rice or seafood (when in CentroAmerica & preferably at Yolanda's in Nica)

Fish tacos
    Mexican food
    Chicken & rice or seafood (when in CentroAmerica & preferably at Yolanda's in Nica)

Beer ..................