LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...sun-surf-faith

Son Followers Ministry from another persons perspective. Anyone looking to join this cause of surfing and JESUS contact Wayne for more info.
    I know I'm late to the party but I have a rhetorical question. What does a carpenter who died 2000 years ago 7000 miles away who never laid eyes on the ocean have anything to do with surfing? Seriously. I don't post a lot, but this thread is annoying the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I'd agree with that. Although spawning chucka-boo-boo is impressive (and repulsive) if they are 4 thousand miles apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    ....But this time it will be your twisted mugshot. And then the young lives that you shattered will stream forth like so much broken pottery...
    'Spawning chucka boo-boo'.... hahaha... priceless. This week is off to a great start. Yank's front-runnin for the Pulitzer!

"Good! Use your aggressive feelings boy... Let the hate flow through you!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    'Spawning chucka boo-boo'.... hahaha... priceless. This week is off to a great start. Yank's front-runnin for the Pulitzer!

"Good! Use your aggressive feelings boy... Let the hate flow through you!"
    Disappointed

Images
    The ONLY thing I don't like about surfing is all the jesus freaks. I skied for several years in the Colorado Rockies and didn't have to deal with any of these ego maniacs. The biggest jerks I've run into so far while surfing have been the jesus freaks. They really are shameless self promoters and greedy mean-spirited dishonest marketers. I took a surf lesson from one of the jesus freaks (I didn't realize she was one). I had my own board but she insisted I use her board because then I would catch waves better. I didn't realize the price would go up from $75 to $90. Then when I paid her with five 20 dollar bills, she conveniently didn't have a 10 dollar bill to give me change. Plus, I had to pay $8 to park at AI state side for the lesson. That's $108 for a fricken lesson and I had my own board!!!! Don't get me started on the other jesus freak douche bag I met in the water a few months later. Such hypocrites it makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! My next thread will be about rip off surf instructors who you should avoid!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    The ONLY thing I don't like about surfing is all the jesus freaks. I skied for several years in the Colorado Rockies and didn't have to deal with any of these ego maniacs. The biggest jerks I've run into so far while surfing have been the jesus freaks. They really are shameless self promoters and greedy mean-spirited dishonest marketers. I took a surf lesson from one of the jesus freaks (I didn't realize she was one). I had my own board but she insisted I use her board because then I would catch waves better. I didn't realize the price would go up from $75 to $90. Then when I paid her with five 20 dollar bills, she conveniently didn't have a 10 dollar bill to give me change. Plus, I had to pay $8 to park at AI state side for the lesson. That's $108 for a fricken lesson and I had my own board!!!! Don't get me started on the other jesus freak douche bag I met in the water a few months later. Such hypocrites it makes me sick!!!!!!!!!! My next thread will be about rip off surf instructors who you should avoid!!
    Tell 'em why you mad sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    'surf lesson'= your first mistake.

I do think that what Wayne is doing is at it's most basic a good thing. I also agree that he approaches it with a bit too much of an agenda. Instead of exposing people to Christianity and allowing them to figure out their own approach and interpretation, he imposes the dress code based on his own interpretation. I've known many bible-thumpers that love to argue the messages presented, because everyone has their own way of seeing things and feels passionately about them. Unfortunately, judging from the bit of scripture that Wayne quoted, he seems to take the doom and gloom, fear-based approach. While it works on some, it also serves to drive many away from organized religion.

This thread does have a place on this forum. Not only because of Wayne's presenting it here, but because surfing is inherently a very spiritual endeavor. If it helps young people touch base with their beliefs through experiencing such positive vibrations, then great! But it is important to have an open mind and let people decide for themselves what aspects of the faith they are comfortable with.

impacting the coast for common sense is almost as clutch as impacting the coast for the mental health profession

SOOOOO much talent, creativity, and effort is wasted by the pseudo-spiritual dogmatized trainwreck of religion.

I would choose my own religion
    worship my own spirit
    but if he ever preached to me
    I wouldn't want to hear it
    I'd drop him a forgotten god
    languishing in shame
    and then if I hit stormy seas
    I'd have myself to blame

take responsibility for YOUR OWN ACTIONS, there is no cosmic skydaddy coming to spank you, your conscience will however tell you when you are out of line....remember scrooge? and the ghost of Christmas future? well, thats the closest to truth there is. we get a mirror to look at our own actions and we judge ourselves.
    no cosmic sky daddy
    no savior
    we are on our own
    you are on your own

That said, keep up the good work Wayne. Just try and focus on the positive messages.

Images
    Hey... Bungalow Bob
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bob

Hey...Bungalow Bob
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bob

EVERYBODY.......

They say don't talk politics or religion........

People talking religion only humors me. Now politics is a different story. That's when the switchblades come out.

Nobody wants to talk Jesus on this surf predictin' site....yet days later, and 14 pages, it still continues. People say this thread "Annoys them." But they still keep clicking that mouse on this thread. Masochists, I suppose........

Here's a novel remedy: If a thread bothers you, then do not read it. Whooaaa, I just blew my own mind at that solution. "Man, I can't stand that guy, yet I keep reading everything he posts......"

Actually, it's the vegans you want to avoid. Now that's one crazy cult. Yo, Jeremy!!