Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 228
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    1,616
    Job: A Comedy of Justice
    by Robert A. Heinlein

    A great book that kind of tackles what Pumpmaster is talking about. Anybody read it? Really one of the best book I've ever read.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    4,425
    I seriously doubt too many on here read Heinlein.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    663
    Only have a few quick points to make...@sonsfollowersurf : sounds like you're doing some good down there in FL..I applaud you for trying to help people in ANY WAY. keep it up. Who cares what the peanut gallery thinks, right? To his detractors, it may not be obvious but We all live in a world where BELIEF TRUMPS TRUTH (and this saddens me to no end). Some people like the OP believe in a higher power that would rather us cover ourselves and not swear so much in the lineup. ok what harm is there in that? maybe that would make the world a better place..but I doubt it.
    In another instance others on this forum believe, almost to the point of a religious fervor, that the Democrats and big government are the ONLY way that we can "Save this country" and bla bla bla.. reverse the roles and parties for those who believe that the Republicans have all the answers...
    still others believe that 911 was an inside job,while others believe that the War on Terror and bombing every country in the middle east is the best thing our country could be doing with our tax money. I mean there are ALOT of things to Believe in..but its not truth. People should be judged not on their beliefs but on their actions...

    And truth can only be obtained through reason. That's why I don't "believe". Anything.

    Reason is the only higher power.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    ok but this isn't lit 101
    Right but if you want people to take you seriously it may be worth doing otherwise all you did is just copy and pasted a huge wall of text. Good luck in your online argument!

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    81
    Pretty simple, at face value, this is a cool thing.
    "From 8 to 10 a.m. every Saturday, the surf camp begins with a short devotional, a land lesson on proper surf form and continues with lessons in the water."
    So much assumption by the people hating. Said it before, has anyone commenting actually seen and heard this "short devotional"? I'm not in love with it, but not having seen it I'm not gonna hate on it or call Wayne terrible things either.
    -The girls in rash guards is odd, but it's his show.
    -Encourages the parents to attend, so if they don't want their kid there they can pull them out.

    NATIVE AMERICAN history:
    Great read; Empire of The Summer Moon
    The rise and fall of the Commanches. Excellent historical account. Difficult read at times, some pretty savage stuff included in accounts.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Job: A Comedy of Justice
    by Robert A. Heinlein

    A great book that kind of tackles what Pumpmaster is talking about. Anybody read it? Really one of the best book I've ever read.
    No, but it sounds intriguing. May have to look for that one.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    Only have a few quick points to make...@sonsfollowersurf : sounds like you're doing some good down there in FL..I applaud you for trying to help people in ANY WAY. keep it up. Who cares what the peanut gallery thinks, right? To his detractors, it may not be obvious but We all live in a world where BELIEF TRUMPS TRUTH (and this saddens me to no end). Some people like the OP believe in a higher power that would rather us cover ourselves and not swear so much in the lineup. ok what harm is there in that? maybe that would make the world a better place..but I doubt it.
    In another instance others on this forum believe, almost to the point of a religious fervor, that the Democrats and big government are the ONLY way that we can "Save this country" and bla bla bla.. reverse the roles and parties for those who believe that the Republicans have all the answers...
    still others believe that 911 was an inside job,while others believe that the War on Terror and bombing every country in the middle east is the best thing our country could be doing with our tax money. I mean there are ALOT of things to Believe in..but its not truth. People should be judged not on their beliefs but on their actions...

    And truth can only be obtained through reason. That's why I don't "believe". Anything.

    Reason is the only higher power.
    Who's the f@cking nihilist here?


  8. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    Right but if you want people to take you seriously it may be worth doing otherwise all you did is just copy and pasted a huge wall of text. Good luck in your online argument!
    Argument? I think he was just posting information, and it is worth reading. I didn't see you giving Wayne a hard time for copy pasting everything out of the bible.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,799
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    who's the f@cking nihilist here?

    yes!!!!!!!!!

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Argument? I think he was just posting information, and it is worth reading. I didn't see you giving Wayne a hard time for copy pasting everything out of the bible.
    I wonder if you had somebody read the bible who had now clue about religion if they would say, "this god dude is an a$$hole"