LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJxSurfer View Post
    Thank you "Paddington Jetty Bear" for being the funniest person on swellinfo.
    Thanks dude. I owe it all to God.

I like to thank my moms and pappy, Puffy for giving me a shot when no one else would, all the people at Bad Boy Records, Biggie - rest in peace my brother-, ahhh I'd like to thank the academy for recognizing me, I like to thank my boys back in Jersey kicking it on the westside.........WRAP IT UP MUSIC........ok, I guess I'd better end this......Ummm I'd like to thank all my fans for the years or support, and most of all I'd like to thank God, for none of this would be possible without Him. Dueces y'all, I'm kicking rocks, Honda 2500. Peace.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    cape dog, exactly, you cant pick and choose text, and when there is a psalm about not trusting your own intelligence, trust in the lord instead...... why trust in the jealous murderous sonb!tch in those books? The whole thing is a book for social control with tidbits of wisdom.
    Well, I think this is a mis-application bro' of the scriptures. The Bible doesn't teach one to turn off his brain. In fact, it encourages one to engage all of ones resources in application of solving problems. Sometimes we are in "over our heads", and that's where the trust in a benevolent sovereign comes into play. And, I totally get the "chips" some of us carry towards authority. I'd be happy to discuss this offline, so as to not burden the forum.
    It actually makes the world a WORSE place in that it detracts people from solving real problems and taking responsibility for their actions...who needs to change, I'm saved NIGGA! I got the hall pass to redemption for believing a myth!
    Agreed. This here is not what the good news and grace of God teaches. If it doesn't change you for the better, then I'd question whether it is good enough (or working in you) to save you. The "I bought fire insurance so I'm going to be careless and play with fire" is faulty indeed, and those that propagate that stuff have a problem. The "hall pass" mentality, as well as the Flip Wilson "the devil made me do it" is bogus.
    its time to grow up out of the stone age and enter the world of adulthood and responsibility for your/our actions
    I don't think that belief promotes childhood, irresponsibility, or anti-intellectualism. Some of the greatest minds were believers: Newton, Keppler, Faraday, Mendel, Copernicous, etc.. the list goes on into moderns times.

I hear you bro', just maintain sincerity and openness in your journey.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Oct 31, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I like the people who don't believe in God, yet use biblical stories, taken literally, to support their arguments. That's classic Swellinfo.com right there.

Pump, the devil does have a body count - every murder and suicide since man's existence. Like all things new, there were glitches. Sometimes you have to throw a flood down to make people learn a little respect.

Yeah thank God the devil gave us knowledge: People have used that knowledge to create a world of cell phones, Facebook and reality television. Whoo Hoo !! People are awesome !!!

To y'all who cry aboot how mean God is because there's bad things going down on earth: This place isn't supposed to be paradise you nitwits. If everything was perfect there'd be no point being here. There are reasons for everything. Jesus, even the Kung Fu guy knew life was a journey of learning experiences.

You sons *****es better go back and read Summa Theologica or whatever it is. St Thomas Aquinas in the mothertrucking house. Wow, some of youse guys think you are ALL-KNOWING and ALL-POWERFUL, huh. LOL LOL LOL SMFH LOL SMH LOL SMFH YOLO LOL YOLO BRB LOL
    You have a gift, my friend. Maybe rather, you are a gift.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Oct 31, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Images
    ^^^^^^+1...also, fantastic use of LOL/SMH, etc...

Henry Rollins sums up JC pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-pAT_3klk

Maybe we are all being like the little sucker fish, on this thread? its kinda hard to stand by and let some of this sheet slide though, gotta say something when it starts to smell like BS

Images
    Maybe we are all being like the little sucker fish, on this thread? its kinda hard to stand by and let some of this sheet slide though, gotta say something when it starts to smell like BS
    Perhaps. Also quote attributed to Hemingway "Critics are men who watch the battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors" may be spot on as well.

I'm starting a new religion, called the "Chavez is the most righteous dude" religion. Some basic tenants:
    All surfers will bow before Chavez, Chavez gets top priority at all breaks world-wide.
    Fear and worship the righteous back-side hack of Chavez.
    When Chavez appears at your break and walks on water, you are to put 10 dollars into the Chavez is Poor Box located at each beach entrance.
    All will now drink the nectar of Chavez- Jack Daniels. Those that throw up will be committing a mortal sin.
    All wives and girlfriends will come see Chavez for "Confession"
    I demand a sacrifice of 32 Spongers every October 31st.
    Chavez's likeness to be photo-shopped onto every image of the former deity know as Slater. I cast Slater into the fire pit (Great Lakes) to surf there for all eternity.
    Who's in?

does your avatar have any place in your religion? if so I am in

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    so let me rephrase that part of my earlier post.

I'm a non-BELIEVER. In all things.

All I'm saying is why be a "non-believer" in the religious sense only to use belief to guide every other aspect of your life?

Or are most people on here slagging on Wayne and his "beliefs" just because they're not-so-closeted sanctimonious bullies?
    You didn't get the joke. I don't actually think you're a nihilist.

http://youtu.be/7AEMiz6rcxc

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Well, I think this is a mis-application bro' of the scriptures. The Bible doesn't teach one to turn off his brain. In fact, it encourages one to engage all of ones resources in application of solving problems. Sometimes we are in "over our heads", and that's where the trust in a benevolent sovereign comes into play. And, I totally get the "chips" some of us carry towards authority. I'd be happy to discuss this offline, so as to not burden the forum.

Agreed. This here is not what the good news and grace of God teaches. If it doesn't change you for the better, then I'd question whether it is good enough (or working in you) to save you. The "I bought fire insurance so I'm going to be careless and play with fire" is faulty indeed, and those that propagate that stuff have a problem. The "hall pass" mentality, as well as the Flip Wilson "the devil made me do it" is bogus.

I don't think that belief promotes childhood, irresponsibility, or anti-intellectualism. Some of the greatest minds were believers: Newton, Keppler, Faraday, Mendel, Copernicous, etc.. the list goes on into moderns times.

I hear you bro', just maintain sincerity and openness in your journey.
    The greatest minds were not believers in the literal translation of the bible. You can believe in god and science. Modern christianity seems to have a problem with that. That is why they try to fight science (thus the whole evolution fight the southern school systems deal with).