LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I didn't claim anything. I'm just an equal opportunity offender. I hate novice longboarders more than any of the above groups overall.
    Sorry I just thought by backing Wayne you must be christian. But I will say I respect your candor and honesty for sure!

Maybe I am, it's nobody's business here, but I back helping disadvantaged youths from that area, because I know how it is there. Nobody's methods are foolproof, nor totally selfless. Even if he does some self-aggrandizing, so be it. If some kids are helped along the way then I see no harm. I also don't see many atheist groups getting out into the community and helping people, but I see a ton of Christian groups doing it. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Maybe I am, it's nobody's business here, but I back helping disadvantaged youths from that area, because I know how it is there. Nobody's methods are foolproof, nor totally selfless. Even if he does some self-aggrandizing, so be it. If some kids are helped along the way then I see no harm. I also don't see many atheist groups getting out into the community and helping people, but I see a ton of Christian groups doing it. I'll leave it at that.
    So helping youths to learn intolerence and too only see morality from Wayne's point of view is okay? Again I and many others here think the premise is fine but Wayne's MO is kind of wack. In addition putting down other races/religions but hiding your opinion behind a keyboard is a pretty wussy move. If you are going to have such a disparaging attitude towards these other groups to call them hateful terms then at least have the balls to state what you believe in be it god, alah, buddah or a flying spagetthi monster. I have stated many times before on here, I'm a right wing, god fearing, southern boy who beleives in an eye for an eye. How bout you?

Images
    Impacting the coast for menhaden.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    if yall are fed up with this jesus stuff you should really read my thread impacting the coast for Muhammad

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    if yall are fed up with this jesus stuff you should really read my thread impacting the coast for Muhammad
    On it brethren, still catching up on what I missed over the weekend, sounds like a good 'un tho

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So helping youths to learn intolerence..
    Whoa Carter.. that is your assumption. The article states that Wayne's motivation is for the girl's protection.

From Article:
    "The Strockbines are strong on traditional family values. Girls are required to wear rash guards for protection from the sun and surf but also to teach modesty. Wayne Strockbine realizes it may be old-fashioned, but feels it is important to protect children from the influences around them."

Also, all this talk of comparing Wayne to the Taliban is ridiculous. First, it is all free and voluntary .. If one does not like the rash guard thing, then one can opt out of Wayne's free program. Good luck w/the Taliban. Additionally I have a hard time finding similarities between a rash guard and a full Burka. Additionally, though Wayne may desire that others believe like him, he is not forcing anyone to believe like him (Aren't short board zealots the same ). Not so with the Taliban.

Anyone who is a father of a daughter has at one time or another imposed a "wardrobe restriction" on their daughter for their own good.

I find it interesting how many purveyors of "moral relativism" become antagonistic when another has a set of differing moral views, and perhaps have those which may hold to a source of moral absolutes. In that sense, the those "moral relativism" types in their intolerance have become moral absolutists themselves. If you say there are no moral absolutes, then that is a moral absolute statement. Think about it..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    SS, what about Cod & Striped Bass? We have a seal problem out here ya know ..

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Sorry I just thought by backing Wayne you must be christian.
    I back Wayne and I'm not a Christian.

I'm not try to join in on this *****fest, but I've wanted to say this for a long time: Why does any of this even matter? Wayne obviously has a strong backing in Florida with people who appreciate his efforts that may or may not share the same beliefs that he does. Either way, he's doing on his terms and not yours. He's the one making the time to drive up and down the coast collecting surfboards and he's the one giving free lessons - not you and not me. He's the one creating the memories that will last a lifetime.

Give this guy the break he deserves. Party on, Wayne.

Images
    Well said, dlrouen (& fellow Terrapin fan) +1