LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 232
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gnomes Riding Giant Toothpicks Suck!
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Whoa Carter.. that is your assumption. The article states that Wayne's motivation is for the girl's protection.

    From Article:
    "The Strockbines are strong on traditional family values. Girls are required to wear rash guards for protection from the sun and surf but also to teach modesty. Wayne Strockbine realizes it may be old-fashioned, but feels it is important to protect children from the influences around them."

    Also, all this talk of comparing Wayne to the Taliban is ridiculous. First, it is all free and voluntary .. If one does not like the rash guard thing, then one can opt out of Wayne's free program. Good luck w/the Taliban. Additionally I have a hard time finding similarities between a rash guard and a full Burka. Additionally, though Wayne may desire that others believe like him, he is not forcing anyone to believe like him (Aren't short board zealots the same ). Not so with the Taliban.

    Anyone who is a father of a daughter has at one time or another imposed a "wardrobe restriction" on their daughter for their own good.

    I find it interesting how many purveyors of "moral relativism" become antagonistic when another has a set of differing moral views, and perhaps have those which may hold to a source of moral absolutes. In that sense, the those "moral relativism" types in their intolerance have become moral absolutists themselves. If you say there are no moral absolutes, then that is a moral absolute statement. Think about it..
    I bolded the text for ya that shows it is not an assumption. It is a beach, not a sancutary (no matter how much surfers may view it a s such), not a Sunday school room and certainly not Wayne's own property. What right does he have to tell people how to dress on PUBLIC property? I hate looking at the teens who wear goth looking crap, ugly @ss black makeup and piercings all over their face but I can't tell them what to wear when my family and I go to the movies or for ice cream, no I have to explain to my son why I feel it looks stupid. Same thing Wayne making "his" girls wear rash guards for modesty does nothing to stop the boys in his "surf camp" from staring at the other females on the beach just as my son stares at the freaks he sees when we go out. And too your argument of fathers imposing wardrobe restrictions on their daughters you said the key word THEIR daughters, not Waynes.

    I am a christian and think helping under privalaged kids is great but Wayne's methods are as I have said like the crusades all over again just without the killing. And as stated his shamless self promotion is boastful and arrogant, and does not pride goeth before the fall?

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gnomes Riding Giant Toothpicks Suck!
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I back Wayne and I'm not a Christian.

    I'm not try to join in on this *****fest, but I've wanted to say this for a long time: Why does any of this even matter? Wayne obviously has a strong backing in Florida with people who appreciate his efforts that may or may not share the same beliefs that he does. Either way, he's doing on his terms and not yours. He's the one making the time to drive up and down the coast collecting surfboards and he's the one giving free lessons - not you and not me. He's the one creating the memories that will last a lifetime.

    Give this guy the break he deserves. Party on, Wayne.
    I am a Christian but do not back Wayne. And as we hashed out in his "Free Surfboards" thread if it comes with a lesson on God or any other lesson besides how to surf, then it ain't free!

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    SS, what about Cod & Striped Bass? We have a seal problem out here ya know ..
    You got me cdog, I do care about Stripers and Cod too, very much so...and honestly, my problems with organized religion do not apply to anybody on here, more to do with the institutional level and not the individual. My Mom's a practicing Catholic and that's how i was brought up, after confirmation she let me be an apostate. That being said, I do believe in a creator and minded universe... I just had to be a goof and throw my menhaden logic in.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    186
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    What right does he have to tell people how to dress on PUBLIC property?
    The same right a pop-warner coach has to tell his players to wear a cup.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    186
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You got me cdog, I do care about Stripers and Cod too, very much so...and honestly, my problems with organized religion do not apply to anybody on here, more to do with the institutional level and not the individual. My Mom's a practicing Catholic and that's how i was brought up, after confirmation she let me be an apostate. That being said, I do believe in a creator and minded universe... I just had to be a goof and throw my menhaden logic in.
    No problem .. just joining you in a little comic relief.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    No problem .. just joining you in a little comic relief.
    You're always a voice of reason around here cdog, so I needed to expand on that. Hope you guys got some up there this weekend.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    186
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    and does not pride goeth before the fall?
    Indeed it does. But I think we all suffer greatly from "plank eye" (if the metaphor doesn't ring a bell, check the reconciled tax collector's 7th chapter), thus I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and offer grace.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So helping youths to learn intolerence and too only see morality from Wayne's point of view is okay? Again I and many others here think the premise is fine but Wayne's MO is kind of wack. In addition putting down other races/religions but hiding your opinion behind a keyboard is a pretty wussy move. If you are going to have such a disparaging attitude towards these other groups to call them hateful terms then at least have the balls to state what you believe in be it god, alah, buddah or a flying spagetthi monster. I have stated many times before on here, I'm a right wing, god fearing, southern boy who beleives in an eye for an eye. How bout you?
    I don't like Muslims.......there I said it. I don't like them and God forgive me. My God, not there's........

    Well, when people wore suits everywhere, back in the 1950's, things were more polite and decent. And we used to produce a large percent of the world's goods. And there were factories in every neighborhood from Kensington to East Detroit to Boyle Heights.

    Maybe Wayne is on to something with his dress code. Wildwood, NJ passed a law this past summer banning low riding shorts. "Pull up your drawers wigger !!"

    Wildwood, since the law, has a literacy rate of 99%, gun shots are down 95.3%; only four people started using dope since June; and nobody got raped. Philadelphia high school graduates only broke 3 things during the month of June, and their levels of drunkeness decreased by 53.8 %

    Wildwood and Wayne - change you can believe in...........

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    186
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You're always a voice of reason around here cdog, so I needed to expand on that. Hope you guys got some up there this weekend.
    Thanks & I did. There was pretty much no one out yesterday afternoon (thank you Patriots), and caught clean waves for ~2hours. Eventually some cool younger dudes paddled out on long boards and joined me. Nothing big, but fun.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I am a Christian but do not back Wayne. And as we hashed out in his "Free Surfboards" thread if it comes with a lesson on God or any other lesson besides how to surf, then it ain't free!
    What are you trying to accomplish here, rcarter? Do you think Wayne is going to pack everything up because some dude on an online surf forum doesn't agree with his beliefs? Hell no! He's going to keep living the life he wants because that's what he believes in. How would you feel if Wayne started making polls and threads about how you live your life? Give this guy a break, man. Seriously.