Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 228
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,811
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    SS, what about Cod & Striped Bass? We have a seal problem out here ya know ..
    You got me cdog, I do care about Stripers and Cod too, very much so...and honestly, my problems with organized religion do not apply to anybody on here, more to do with the institutional level and not the individual. My Mom's a practicing Catholic and that's how i was brought up, after confirmation she let me be an apostate. That being said, I do believe in a creator and minded universe... I just had to be a goof and throw my menhaden logic in.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    830
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    What right does he have to tell people how to dress on PUBLIC property?
    The same right a pop-warner coach has to tell his players to wear a cup.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    830
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You got me cdog, I do care about Stripers and Cod too, very much so...and honestly, my problems with organized religion do not apply to anybody on here, more to do with the institutional level and not the individual. My Mom's a practicing Catholic and that's how i was brought up, after confirmation she let me be an apostate. That being said, I do believe in a creator and minded universe... I just had to be a goof and throw my menhaden logic in.
    No problem .. just joining you in a little comic relief.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    11,811
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    No problem .. just joining you in a little comic relief.
    You're always a voice of reason around here cdog, so I needed to expand on that. Hope you guys got some up there this weekend.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    830
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    and does not pride goeth before the fall?
    Indeed it does. But I think we all suffer greatly from "plank eye" (if the metaphor doesn't ring a bell, check the reconciled tax collector's 7th chapter), thus I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and offer grace.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,542
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So helping youths to learn intolerence and too only see morality from Wayne's point of view is okay? Again I and many others here think the premise is fine but Wayne's MO is kind of wack. In addition putting down other races/religions but hiding your opinion behind a keyboard is a pretty wussy move. If you are going to have such a disparaging attitude towards these other groups to call them hateful terms then at least have the balls to state what you believe in be it god, alah, buddah or a flying spagetthi monster. I have stated many times before on here, I'm a right wing, god fearing, southern boy who beleives in an eye for an eye. How bout you?
    I don't like Muslims.......there I said it. I don't like them and God forgive me. My God, not there's........

    Well, when people wore suits everywhere, back in the 1950's, things were more polite and decent. And we used to produce a large percent of the world's goods. And there were factories in every neighborhood from Kensington to East Detroit to Boyle Heights.

    Maybe Wayne is on to something with his dress code. Wildwood, NJ passed a law this past summer banning low riding shorts. "Pull up your drawers wigger !!"

    Wildwood, since the law, has a literacy rate of 99%, gun shots are down 95.3%; only four people started using dope since June; and nobody got raped. Philadelphia high school graduates only broke 3 things during the month of June, and their levels of drunkeness decreased by 53.8 %

    Wildwood and Wayne - change you can believe in...........

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    830
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You're always a voice of reason around here cdog, so I needed to expand on that. Hope you guys got some up there this weekend.
    Thanks & I did. There was pretty much no one out yesterday afternoon (thank you Patriots), and caught clean waves for ~2hours. Eventually some cool younger dudes paddled out on long boards and joined me. Nothing big, but fun.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I am a Christian but do not back Wayne. And as we hashed out in his "Free Surfboards" thread if it comes with a lesson on God or any other lesson besides how to surf, then it ain't free!
    What are you trying to accomplish here, rcarter? Do you think Wayne is going to pack everything up because some dude on an online surf forum doesn't agree with his beliefs? Hell no! He's going to keep living the life he wants because that's what he believes in. How would you feel if Wayne started making polls and threads about how you live your life? Give this guy a break, man. Seriously.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shoting Piers in Honeyton
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish here, rcarter? Do you think Wayne is going to pack everything up because some dude on an online surf forum doesn't agree with his beliefs? Hell no! He's going to keep living the life he wants because that's what he believes in. How would you feel if Wayne started making polls and threads about how you live your life? Give this guy a break, man. Seriously.
    Not trying to accomplish anything other than to offer my oppinion on Wayne's MO of gathering followers to my faith. Even though I did not make the poll about Wayne and only Wayne is starting the threads about himself, I do understand your point man, but also I do not put links to things in my life on the forum or the web for that matter therby opening myself up to the criticism like Wayne does. It's the same as when someone posts a thread about a board or wetsuit they bought, they are going to get positive and negative comments about it.

    In the end though you are probably right in that too much of my and many other members lives have been wasted on both Wayne and Roy. If we could get some swell or I was a little bit busier at work perhaps I could find soemthing else to occupy my time.

  10. #80
    You could occupy your time learning online, any subject of your choosing. I'm in the middle of python and calculus(again)
    but I always find time to come here and partake, its like being at a concert parking lot, but with no beer...ladies...or music.,..so I guess really its nothing like a concert lot.....