LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 232
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish here, rcarter? Do you think Wayne is going to pack everything up because some dude on an online surf forum doesn't agree with his beliefs? Hell no! He's going to keep living the life he wants because that's what he believes in. How would you feel if Wayne started making polls and threads about how you live your life? Give this guy a break, man. Seriously.
    Not trying to accomplish anything other than to offer my oppinion on Wayne's MO of gathering followers to my faith. Even though I did not make the poll about Wayne and only Wayne is starting the threads about himself, I do understand your point man, but also I do not put links to things in my life on the forum or the web for that matter therby opening myself up to the criticism like Wayne does. It's the same as when someone posts a thread about a board or wetsuit they bought, they are going to get positive and negative comments about it.

    In the end though you are probably right in that too much of my and many other members lives have been wasted on both Wayne and Roy. If we could get some swell or I was a little bit busier at work perhaps I could find soemthing else to occupy my time.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ethernet
    Posts
    2,843
    You could occupy your time learning online, any subject of your choosing. I'm in the middle of python and calculus(again)
    but I always find time to come here and partake, its like being at a concert parking lot, but with no beer...ladies...or music.,..so I guess really its nothing like a concert lot.....

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    The same right a pop-warner coach has to tell his players to wear a cup.
    Completley different, one is for saftey the other is for modesty. If he was requiring leashes totally the same. The cup is so parks and rec and Pop Warner do not get sued, remember I sell commercial insurance for a living and lawsuits happen all the time even when the injured party is the idiot who ignored the rules, the other is because Wayne does not want to pop a woody around the kids or be tempted by the little boys popping wood all around him.

    BTW that last part about wood was a joke, I do not think Wayne is a pedophile (or at least I hope he is not) but you get the point.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    369
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Completely different, one is for safety the other is for modesty.
    I appreciate your knowledge of liabilities, etc., however, my point was not on motivation, but on the right he has, as leading a group, to establish the requirements for his group as he sees fit. I could think of other illustrations, but I'm content to agree to disagree.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    I appreciate your knowledge of liabilities, etc., however, my point was not on motivation, but on the right he has, as leading a group, to establish the requirements for his group as he sees fit. I could think of other illustrations, but I'm content to agree to disagree.
    Agreed. And yes he does have the legal right since this is America and it is his group, but he does not in my opinnion have the "right" to do it.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    369
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    You could occupy your time learning online, any subject of your choosing. I'm in the middle of python ....
    a = "Y d dso ph o"
    c = ",u!oigd tnso!"
    b = "odeG o&yoicl"

    # similar to 3xN rail fence crypto, civil war circa
    def untangleMessage(e,f,g):
    s = ''
    for i in range(len(e)):
    s = s + e[i] + f[i] + g[i]
    return s
    # post may have maligned indentation
    print (untangleMessage(a,b,c))
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Oct 28, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Youse people constantly bag on Wayne......tell him he shouldn't post what he does.......and all that jazz.....

    Then you guys go-off for days on his threads........?

    You guys might need to take a ride to the beach in a van..........with the little children.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    1,008
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    ...only Wayne is starting the threads about himself...
    this, right here. Wayne's ego overshadows all. it motivated me to find out if this forum has an ignore function, which it does. to ignore Wayne, go here: http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/profi...ignore&u=34370

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ethernet
    Posts
    2,843
    thank you capecdog, I will look into that, I am lil slow with it for sure, but then again its a hobby and not my job
    return s

    print (untangleMessage(a,b,c))
    these two coming up error, ima newb (using pyscripter)
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Oct 28, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    You could occupy your time learning online, any subject of your choosing. I'm in the middle of python and calculus(again)
    but I always find time to come here and partake, its like being at a concert parking lot, but with no beer...ladies...or music.,..so I guess really its nothing like a concert lot.....
    No beer! That's a damn shame. If I had the cash to ship to Hawaii, I would send you a care package of fresh brew.

    "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."