LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Should Roy stay or go?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

28 45.16%
  • Stay

34 54.84%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    So wait, are you saying that the only purpose of your boards are to catch waves and not to do anything but ride them straight down the line top to bottom? Your statement that there is a difference in better at making waves and better at riding waves would seem so. If that is what you are saying then I have nothing further to say as you will have admitted that your boards are pointless. If you are saying that you design boards that are better at catching waves but then only go straight as all your videos show, and that this is your opinion on what surfing is meant to be then you really must think you are God's gift to the surfing world and are here to show us all that we are surfing wrong. So please tell me in plain words with no BS double talk exactly what you feel is better about your boards than the industry boards based on your own comment so I do not interpret it wrong again.
    That's pretty much the case that he makes for his boards. He calls it efficient surfing. What you need to understand is Roy makes boards for the waves that he surfs in the style he enjoys surfing. Once you understand that all this other stuff (pricing excluded) makes sense.

I'm not defending the kiwi, just stating what has been said on this forum many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    What facts? You never answered my question. Again you talk in circles and cryptic statements. Please answer my question posed above regarding what you meant by better or listen to the hamster:
    Attachment 9213
    I maent what I said at the start: 'better at making waves'... and I also qualified it further by saying 'in most conditions'.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy how about teaching Choy some stick fighting skills?

Why do you have Occy as a "favorite" if he does all those ridiculous turns? He rides waves all wrong yet he's your "favorite"... Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Ask him if you don't believe me.

Guy O'connor on facebook, he's on my friends list: https://www.facebook.com/roy.stuart.12?ref=tn_tnmn

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    That's pretty much the case that he makes for his boards. He calls it efficient surfing. What you need to understand is Roy makes boards for the waves that he surfs in the style he enjoys surfing. Once you understand that all this other stuff (pricing excluded) makes sense.

I'm not defending the kiwi, just stating what has been said on this forum many times before.
    The part about Roy's style is true but the waves is not. I too enjoy waves on his boards. Yes it is possible to do this on east coast swell. From what I've gathered from brew master it seems to me like the Carolina beaches are slop onshore garbage thus Roy boards have no place. Again not true. Roy makes many different shapes for different conditions in my opinion. And I don't think the south is garbage surfing but I hear you guys say that Roy's boards wouldn't work on your swells. Roy's boards work quite well where I surf in New England. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Ask him if you don't believe me.

Guy O'connor on facebook, he's on my friends list: https://www.facebook.com/roy.stuart.12?ref=tn_tnmn
    Uh, ok, gnome.

And you wonder why gnome was banned from Sway's....

"Roy was banned initially after a somewhat lengthy period during which he found himself caught up in some mutual exchanges that became somewhat hostile. At some point, one of the moderators was physically challenged to a duel in the water by Roy."

Images
    I've trained in modern Arnis and my father has hosted many seminars where grand master Remy Presas was the guest of honor. RIP. As well trained extensively in jujutsu and judo. Also other marital arts. All for hobby tho. Except judo.

But I like surfing more

I've watched Roy's stick and sword fighting videos. All excellent videos I might add.

Sticks are fun, so are hands:

https://vine.co/v/hH6ug2jVDvU

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    I've trained in modern Arnis and my father has hosted many seminars where grand master Remy Presas was the guest of honor. RIP. As well trained extensively in jujutsu and judo. Also other marital arts. All for hobby tho. Except judo.

But I like surfing more

I've watched Roy's stick and sword fighting videos. All excellent videos I might add.
    Hey I didn't know that.

I'm the NZ representative of Virgil Cavada's Applied Escrima and am a student of Bobby Taboada's... which sounds good but I'm really a beginner with 34 years practice. I just go for a few basics with lots of variation, just like my surfing

Classic video by the way, that's a great dog you have.

"F8ck you Yankee" has to be tongue in cheek coming from maine though?
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Oct 26, 2013 at 04:06 AM.

Images
    Most of my Arnis training was years ago and only for fun. I recall wielding retan sticks and wind milling them. Then I got to wield some of remays bolo machetes and perform the same wind mill. Radanda x. My judo was at the national level however, competing annually at the AM CAN Tournament and various other tournaments.

I would love to have a randouri with Yankee and carter.