LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Should Roy stay or go?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

28 45.16%
  • Stay

34 54.84%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    The part about Roy's style is true but the waves is not. I too enjoy waves on his boards. Yes it is possible to do this on east coast swell. From what I've gathered from brew master it seems to me like the Carolina beaches are slop onshore garbage thus Roy boards have no place. Again not true. Roy makes many different shapes for different conditions in my opinion. And I don't think the south is garbage surfing but I hear you guys say that Roy's boards wouldn't work on your swells. Roy's boards work quite well where I surf in New England. Just sayin.
    Watch the video that Roy put up that's about 12 minutes long where he's talking about how he loves the internet and it shows his house and he's driving the bus or whatever it is. I think around the 10 or 11 minute mark he starts saying he doesn't travel for the best waves, he makes the best boards for how he wants to surf on the waves around him. He is all about efficient surfing and his version of efficient surfing is one where you get the maximum distance with the minimum effort. That's what he likes to do.

Roy tell me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm right.

Roy's said it and I'm telling you again, this conversation has been had over and over again on many different forums. Read it once and get over it.

I honestly believe the guy has got something of value to add but a beat dog is quick to bite. He could learn a bit of humility but it's evident we all could.

Images
    Clemson I've seen Roy's documentary. It's great stuff. I recall his statement about his boards for where he surfs but so far his design works very well where I'm surfing. I frequent many spots. I've had the makaha in 9 second point break over head and it dominated. And I've had it in 12 second head high beach break and it dominated. Would I take my makaha to an A frame wedge shore break.. I know better heck no. Short sands for example A frame beach break that absolutely smashes kids. My buddy was at short sands with his short board and got dumped on top of his board, the nose speared into his crotch and crushed one of his nuts and continued to rip apart his lower abdomen. He almost died. I wouldn't take my Roy board there.

Images
    That was a bloody day man. God damn mess out there.

Images
    Clemson I've seen Roy's documentary. It's great stuff. I recall his statement about his boards for where he surfs but so far his design works very well where I'm surfing. I frequent many spots. I've had the makaha in 9 second point break over head and it dominated. And I've had it in 12 second head high beach break and it dominated. Would I take my makaha to an A frame wedge shore break.. I know better heck no. Short sands for example A frame beach break that absolutely smashes kids. My buddy was at short sands with his short board and got dumped on top of his board, the nose speared into his crotch and crushed one of his nuts and continued to rip apart his lower abdomen. He almost died. I wouldn't take my Roy board there.
    That's fine Choy but I think you're missing my point. A lot of boards can be surfed in a lot of different situations. Roy's designs are based on how he likes to ride them and were designed for the waves he frequents. If you like to surf in Roy's style, more power to you. I understand the joy you get from making your own boards. I get it too. In fact, I've said many times that I try to draw my ideas from nature. Roy does too! One of his fins is notched at the front similar to the front of a whale's fin or flipper. My question is why a whale? There are so many faster fish and/or aquatic mammals. My boards are shorter, wider planing hulls. So I based the fins off of a mix of a bluegill and redfish back two fins because the combination of these two fish is a short, wide but powerful fish.

I'm delirious and apologize for the rambling.

dont forget

empty pockets when its gas up time, surfer

gets out the calculator and slide rule in the supermarket, surfer

got the barrell of the century when no one was looking surfer (every session)

puts 91zm sh1t on the stereo all the time and sulks if anyone wants to put on something that hasnt been thrashed to death on pop radio, surfer

sees the reef is 6ft and pumping and decides the last fat soft beachie you went to was a lot better,
    surfer

makes the worlds best, fastest, big wave, barrell riding, hydrodynamic wonder surfboards but hasnt surfed in 18 months in anything over 2ft, surfer

wears a pink wettie and psycho hockey mask, surfer

I would love to have a randouri with Yankee and carter.
    Hey tuff guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFS6rAbrpzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROGkOe-fMmA

wow just wow. this is better than cable, its a 'tard off!

AND YOU ALL WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Are you kidding me with this babble! You said your boards are better wave making tools, meaning they ride waves better than the industry boards that are handicapped according to your post. That is definitely saying your boards are better than the industries boards at riding waves. No amount of cryptic word play on your part will hide what you meant. You are truly F'ed up in the head aren't you?
    Don't go down this road. You are in for an endless ride.

The part about Roy's style is true but the waves is not. I too enjoy waves on his boards. Yes it is possible to do this on east coast swell. From what I've gathered from brew master it seems to me like the Carolina beaches are slop onshore garbage thus Roy boards have no place. Again not true. Roy makes many different shapes for different conditions in my opinion. And I don't think the south is garbage surfing but I hear you guys say that Roy's boards wouldn't work on your swells. Roy's boards work quite well where I surf in New England. Just sayin.
    Now you are doing the thing Roy claims everyone around him does. You are misquoting me. I never said his board had no place. I said the one Roy styled board here didn't work well in typical SC slop. My point, that you somehow missed in the 50 posts about it, was that a proper east coast longboard can catch and ride the same waves that the RS board can. Now, can you please do something other than nut hugging Roy?

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Now you are doing the thing Roy claims everyone around him does.

You are misquoting me.

You are misquoting me, I have never said that everyone misquotes me.

Lol!

I said the one Roy styled board here didn't work well in typical SC slop.
    I didn't design it, and wasn't riding it.

a proper east coast longboard can catch and ride the same waves that the RS board can.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Apart from the balsa board you've posted all I've seen are generic boards which i already know are sub par in comparison in terms of wave making ability.

There are simple physical reasons for this.