LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Should Roy stay or go?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

28 45.16%
  • Stay

34 54.84%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

You are in for an endless ride.
    Aren't we all?

Carter's could include an improvement in reading comprehension and logic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    That's fine Choy but I think you're missing my point. A lot of boards can be surfed in a lot of different situations. Roy's designs are based on how he likes to ride them and were designed for the waves he frequents. If you like to surf in Roy's style, more power to you. I understand the joy you get from making your own boards. I get it too. In fact, I've said many times that I try to draw my ideas from nature. Roy does too! One of his fins is notched at the front similar to the front of a whale's fin or flipper. My question is why a whale? There are so many faster fish and/or aquatic mammals. My boards are shorter, wider planing hulls. So I based the fins off of a mix of a bluegill and redfish back two fins because the combination of these two fish is a short, wide but powerful fish.

I'm delirious and apologize for the rambling.
    Roy's whale fin concept isn't just in his use. There's a good read about it on swaylocks http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/blef-anyone-using
    My conclusion of the whale bumps is that it might reduce drag but it's hard to quantify. They talk about it in the thread I just shared. Yes drawing concepts from nature is cool. Remember Icarus? He flew too high and as a result his wings melted.

So R-Stu surfs regularly and is clever enough to build a surfboard that he can ride. Why all the hating? If you don't like it...ignore him. Otherwise it seems like his credentials are in order to be a member in good standing. If you don't like his equipment, so be it. Your choice is to find the right board for you and not worry about what everyone else is riding.

Who cares if he may have an ego, he sure isn't the only one here who demonstrates that quality!

"Can't we all just get along ?" - Rodney King

Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    So R-Stu surfs regularly and is clever enough to build a surfboard that he can ride. Why all the hating? If you don't like it...ignore him. Otherwise it seems like his credentials are in order to be a member in good standing. If you don't like his equipment, so be it. Your choice is to find the right board for you and not worry about what everyone else is riding.

Who cares if he may have an ego, he sure isn't the only one here who demonstrates that quality!

"Can't we all just get along ?" - Rodney King
    Honestly, if all he did was build cool boards and post video riding them, he would be welcome on every forum. The fact that he can't communicate with tact in any post is probably a reason for the hate. If you feel like wasting time, you can read replies from the start. The ego is only a fraction of the issue.

Pleeeeeeese leave Roy Stuart alooooooone! He's really not that bad for a kiwi. Semi functional art is always cool to look at and sometimes even fun to ride. A small battery powered trolling motor would be helpful to getting up to speed, but his boards have way more soul than most surfboards I see.

I say who cares! He has more knowledge than 3/4 of the people here. If ya ask him he ll even pass some onto ya if ya ask. Do ya put vets out to pasture just cuz u feel their old. NO! Whether or not ya like him, who cares. He's here n will stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy's whale fin concept isn't just in his use. There's a good read about it on swaylocks http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/blef-anyone-using
    My conclusion of the whale bumps is that it might reduce drag but it's hard to quantify. .

So you guess? where is the math. the proof is in the pudding and you numbskulls cant muster the mental gymnastics needed to demonstrate the proof of your wild ASSertations

eh, who cares

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    So you guess? where is the math. the proof is in the pudding and you numbskulls cant muster the mental gymnastics needed to demonstrate the proof of your wild ASSertations
    The claims are backed up by wind turbine science

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    The claims are backed up by wind turbine science