LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

military bases and surf potential

yeah thats right in going to make a aggro rant. this cane season has pissed me off we havnt had a good swell in a month...which leads me to say im done east coast. even worse si has all these dumb roy Stuart threads saying he cant change ankle high waves like us from the south do. this is just depressing..im outta here and trying to transfer to active pretty much my only option. any marine or coastie vets on here to throw a word in which branch has the best potential for surf? i mean Okinawa seems like it would have some good surf and ive been told by some coast guard dudes they they head down to cr sometimes and stay a few days to resupply very had decision to make.

Images
    I think there's some base.....airforce?.......out in Central California that has a killer beachbreak........

Wrightstown, by Fort Dix in Jersey has crack and it's an hour away from LBI which will make you love the east coast all over again. You can be buds with Mr. Sniffer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I think there's some base.....airforce?.......out in Central California that has a killer beachbreak........

Wrightstown, by Fort Dix in Jersey has crack and it's an hour away from LBI which will make you love the east coast all over again. You can be buds with Mr. Sniffer.

ft dix is army ive herd many stories ha im good. active air force and navy wont take prior service for active duty, air force does for spec opp jobs but i dont wanrt to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    yeah thats right in going to make a aggro rant. this cane season has pissed me off we havnt had a good swell in a month...which leads me to say im done east coast. even worse si has all these dumb roy Stuart threads saying he cant change ankle high waves like us from the south do. this is just depressing..im outta here and trying to transfer to active pretty much my only option. any marine or coastie vets on here to throw a word in which branch has the best potential for surf? i mean Okinawa seems like it would have some good surf and ive been told by some coast guard dudes they they head down to cr sometimes and stay a few days to resupply very had decision to make.
    Just make sure you're sober before talking to a recruiter or a detailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    wasnt there a fatal attack in 2010 in the fall? and maaaad shark sightings at that place, its got a reputation

whats the marine base in san diego, its got point mugu, yea?

Images
    Dude, I was stationed in camp Pendleton and I surfed maybe a handful of times in 5 years. As a marine living between Oceanside and san Clemente I rarely had time or the opportunity to surf. But after i finished my active duty i surfed a week straight in del mar, then came home to jersey and had to face life after realizing i had some issues from combat. If you're thinking about joining,surf spots shouldn't really be on your radar, youl have bigger things to deal with. And if you join the corps, they tell you where you are going, not the other way around. Good luck. If you want to know what being a marine is all about, i wrote a book about my time in Iraq, its called The Song Each Bullet Sings. If you get it, let me know. If not, god bless for your commitment to this country.

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coasties all have major bases on Oahu. If you're lucky there will be other surfers in your unit you can hook up with.

There's a lot of restricted beach front property here in Va. Some with potential for the best (for here) waves. Most on military bases, but the best is a sanctuary, Fisherman's Island. You can surf off of it, but illegal to step foot on it.

From my experience with friends in the military, I don't believe I would go that route when looking to surf more. They don't really have much free time. When they are off, they are usually pretty worn out.