LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    the guy talking was saying she was faking. that she was just lazy. She hates to walk in to shore so she makes him drag her while she acts unconscious.

that's what I got out of what he said.

I guess I'd be more informed if I spoke Portuguese.
    Im buying you beers next time im in jerz, that is VERY funny

Can anyone explain what the ski operator was talking about, when he said he learned a new method of CPR in Hawaii that only involves massaging??

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    Can anyone explain what the ski operator was talking about, when he said he learned a new method of CPR in Hawaii that only involves massaging??
    I don't know about massaging, but there's some methods where you don't do mouth-to-mouth anymore. Although in Maya's case...

they dont do mouth to mouth if there is a bag-valve mask available, or read more here:
    http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/CPRAnd...440810_FAQ.jsp

I don't know...
    Those are about the most difficult conditions but those rescue attempts didn't look good... as I sit safely behind a computer... lets see hitting someone with a sled, a miss, and resorting to dragging someone who is already beat by a rope (look how hard that line stretches...shes dead weight...never had a chance) or maybe she was struggling so hard that she wasn't helping him help her. However, credit to him when he jumps off the ski to save her an gets the job done in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Im buying you beers next time im in jerz, that is VERY funny
    that's going to be a big beer since I'm in Va.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunjer View Post
    doubt that...
    she can't let this scar her for the rest of her life.
    This is her second major incident right? Wasn't she out for a year or two before following another nightmare?

Carlos is her long-time training partner I thought. While he may not be EMS, he's been there quite a few times and knows what he's doing around that mess. He's gonna have her back through that event.

MIS-13 is right. Bag-mask has been the norm for a while now. M2M is long gone. Well, maybe not in some circles. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Images
    The hand-free CPR is used to keep people from contracting diseases. Every first responder carries a pocket mask to keep their mouth clean of the person being worked on. I guess some people refused to give CPR due to disease and what not over the years so they came out with a way for you to do it without risking your health.

The CPR method changed a bit too last year. Start with compressions now rather than breathes. Either way, she wasn't gonna be getting any air in immediately following that ordeal.

Saw the article on Surfline.

I don't care what everybody says..... that chick has bigger balls then all of us!!!