LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

But if you think you're going to go out there and easily score a b!tchen job, you're sadly mistaken.
    I guess I'm the exception. Came out here with no leads, crashed on a friends couch. Landed a great job in 21 days & now I live at the beach and surf erreyday.

You never know unless you go!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Really?
    Why is it about 90% of the people I have ever known from the East Coast move back then after a couple years in Cal?
    They almost always come back.
    People go there because of the much better waves, and come back because of family. At least those people I've known. I haven't met anyone yet who came back to the east coast because they missed our great waves.
    Last edited by mitchell; Oct 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

"You can't go home again." - Thomas Wolfe

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    "You can't go home again." - Thomas Wolfe
    Mr. Jon Bon Jovi would beg to differ.

cali compared to jersey.wow.lol what kind of comparison is that.hmmm would u rather go on vacation to Hawaii or mexico city.5star restaurant or mcdonalds?sandbars or points?sandbars or reefs?sandbars or mavs?to the west they have Hawaii,below they have more world class breaks in mexico.here in nj,we have sandbars.to the north of us is sandbars,to the south of us are sandbars.jersey fukin sucks lol,and I can say that cus im a lifelong resident.

This is a great thread, been a minute since I've popped in, just wanted to comment and say what's up.

To the OP, dude, i'm mean.... dude.... seriously?

Why soytinly! Joyzee's at the top of everyone's vacation list.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Really?
    Why is it about 90% of the people I have ever known from the East Coast move back then after a couple years in Cal?
    They almost always come back.
    Depends on the circumstances, I guess; but most of the people I knew (none of whom surfed) who moved to CA from PA, OH, NY, etc. didn't go back nor wanted to. Primary reason: the weather. More specifically: the snowy, winter weather.
    I like the seasons and variety in the weather. One of the reasons I transferred from CA to VA.

we have seasons out here...wet and dry (about 8 months of cloudless sun every day, all day, and 4 months rain storms about 3 weeks apart).

If you want snow, you just have to drive out of the valley 2 hours and 7000 feet up into the mtns to get it....and do we get it. To put it in perspective, almost every year we get at least one storm that dumps over 8 feet of snow. 2 years ago, we got 12 feet in a 5 day period...so deep, it's too dangerous to snowboard in.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I like the seasons and variety in the weather
    I like the seasons too, that why I want to live in a place thats skips the sh!tty ones