LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    no one can fathom that sort of time frame....most people cant think more than one meal ahead

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    So it seems Global Warming just got b!tch slapped to the back row of things we need to care about!

Until manbearpig can make a film about it and make money off it, you shouldn't care

reminds me of a song

Party at ground zero
    A "B" movie starring you.
    And the world will turn to flowing
    Pink vapor stew.
    Wackadoo wackadoo wack.

perfect vid chicharrone

I got too many of my own problems to be concerned about the Japs and their glowing babies!

Man... find something worth really stressing about!

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    I got too many of my own problems to be concerned about the Japs and their glowing babies!

exactly. they got over Hiroshima and Nagasaki and they will get over this. take some Midol and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post

Well written, Sir! there's no way that millions of gallons of highly radioactive water pouring into the ocean a day, for three years could effect us in anyway. We're safe if we cook our pacific seafood in lead lined pans, then swallow without chewing.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    we are talking science and half-lives of radioactive material

this is a 250,000 YEAR problem, (possibly longer, they dont know or WONT RELEASE the data on the radioactive cocktail of isotopes that are sizzling like fajita meat)........this thing will be cooking for nearly 50 times the length of recorded human history

I might add, I am virtually 100% certain the length of this problem will out last all current gvts on the planet earth
    You do understand we are living on one big radioactive rock, correct. Dispersion will clean things up, and the biggest effort should be preventing any more waste from draining into the ocean. Once dispersed, the isotopes will be as harmless as the isotopes that are already present in the environment. I still would be careful eating imported seafood for the next decade.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    perfect vid chicharrone
    +1! Fishbone is the shiznit!

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    You do understand we are living on one big radioactive rock, correct. Dispersion will clean things up, and the biggest effort should be preventing any more waste from draining into the ocean. Once dispersed, the isotopes will be as harmless as the isotopes that are already present in the environment. I still would be careful eating imported seafood for the next decade.
    yes, and what are the background levels of said rock compared to this sizzling ****storm....its also not a one time event, the BS is still flowing into the ocean....I read something about control rods becoming exposed and then thats an even bigger problem if-when that happens.

and yeah they did 'fine' coming back from the bombs....but does anyone live anywhere near Pripyat Ukraine anymore? whats the size of the quarantine zone there?

I dont have hard answers, but this is a bigger problem than we are lead to believe