LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RI This Weekend

Images
    I went out at Gansett yesterday. Really fun, some leftover 5 footers. actually stayed pretty clean. dunno why the forecast said choppy. Then I headed over to Matunuck for an hour before heading home. Perfection. Best I've seen Matunuck I probably 3 months.
    Last edited by RIsurfer; Nov 4, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    I went out at Gansett yesterday. Really fun, some leftover 5 footers. actually stayed pretty clean. dunno why the forecast said choppy. Then I headed over to Matunuck for an hour before heading home. Perfection. Best I've seen Matunuck I probably 3 months.
    Glad you scored from brah. Sounds like it was dope on Sunday. It was awesome on Saturday. Hours of stoke. Lots of people yet so many peaks for all and the sections were wide so multiple people could take off of the same wave.

Images
    It's actually my dad's choice, were getting wood for the winter in Harwinton.
    Did I mention I live almost 2 hours away from RI? INLAND!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Glad you scored from brah. Sounds like it was dope on Sunday. It was awesome on Saturday. Hours of stoke. Lots of people yet so many peaks for all and the sections were wide so multiple people could take off of the same wave.
    Glad you scored bra bro bruddah. Sounds like it was dope on Saturday. It was awesome on Sunday. Hours of barrels. At least big enough for me to fit inside. Breaking off the wall and firing down the beach. There were only 4 of us out at 8 am til noon. Stayed clean the whole time. Heck, 3 people even left!

Glad you scored bra bro bruddah. Sounds like it was dope on Saturday. It was awesome on Sunday. Hours of barrels. At least big enough for me to fit inside. Breaking off the wall and firing down the beach. There were only 4 of us out at 8 am til noon. Stayed clean the whole time. Heck, 3 people even left!
    Damn man, it wasn't really hollow on Saturday but just perfect wide walls that were feathering at the top from the offshores and rolling nice and slow and steady. I'll take those any day and be real happy with it. Checked out PJ before daybreak and it was most definitely hollow there nonstop. Very, very fast moving, faster than I've ever seen it there on similarly sized swells. The direction was for sure SSW at PJ before dawn and straight S at Mat.

Mad heads were out at Mat on Sat but peaks for all. There were really only 4 cats there on Sunday? All the married dudes must have used their furloughs on Sat!!! No hall pass remaining for Sunday I guess haha

Glad it held up solid for you. Was worried you'd miss the great swell when you and your pops were gettin wood on Sat.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkViking16 View Post
    I usually go to Weekapaug, does it look good for Saturday or should I try Naragansett?
    Try fenway too if you don't want to go too far. I know sat is long gone anyway. We always make the trek to Matunuck or further to Gansett. Ever surf the sound on a hurricane swell? I'm looking to do it this winter maybe if it ever gets big enough.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Damn man, it wasn't really hollow on Saturday but just perfect wide walls that were feathering at the top from the offshores and rolling nice and slow and steady. I'll take those any day and be real happy with it. Checked out PJ before daybreak and it was most definitely hollow there nonstop. Very, very fast moving, faster than I've ever seen it there on similarly sized swells. The direction was for sure SSW at PJ before dawn and straight S at Mat.

Mad heads were out at Mat on Sat but peaks for all. There were really only 4 cats there on Sunday? All the married dudes must have used their furloughs on Sat!!! No hall pass remaining for Sunday I guess haha

Glad it held up solid for you. Was worried you'd miss the great swell when you and your pops were gettin wood on Sat.
    This is funny. Yea, there were only 4 guys, one from VT and a couple local groms I surfed with but don't know.
    Last edited by RIsurfer; Nov 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM.