LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hell yeah guys.... Thanks Wavehog! These HST quotes are great too.

I've done my fair share of wilding out, but not to the balls-out extent I would like to. I'm gettin older, but I'm not done yet... I hope I don't have to pay for this too hard later, but I know that I won't be sittin on my death bed thinking 'I wish I'd worked less.' F**k regrets, I've seen good dudes go the way of the dino, and that could happen to all of us on any given day. If you have the chance, take it.

After traveling through Centro, I complained to an older guy about being broke. He told me "If you don't have kids, there's really no such thing as broke." Don't wait too long and work your youth away. You won't wanna do anything but be comfy when you're older... so f**k the saddle, straddle the world, and ride that mofo till you can ride no longer!

do you mean profound? Profound means deeply meaningful and prolific means to produce a lot

Images
    Thanks for the link - some of it really hit home.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Don't wait too long and work your youth away. You won't wanna do anything but be comfy when you're older...
    Man, truer words rarely spoken. Take heed, young bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Awesome! Love that one too.
    The favorite!

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    HST

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    The favorite!

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    HST
    That is the ultimate statement, and I gotta give props to you sir 'cuz the first time I saw that one was when you had it as your sig. I was seeing this girl over the summer and she had this pretty bada$$ painting done w/ that quote, I'll post a pic when I get home.

Slashdog you're a radical dude.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    do you mean profound? Profound means deeply meaningful and prolific means to produce a lot
    thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    That is the ultimate statement, and I gotta give props to you sir 'cuz the first time I saw that one was when you had it as your sig. I was seeing this girl over the summer and she had this pretty bada$$ painting done w/ that quote, I'll post a pic when I get home.
    HST was The Truth. Looking forward to the painting / quote

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    HST was The Truth. Looking forward to the painting / quote
    Indeed he was...I'll post the pic in this thread.

Prolific meaning "generation" "getting us all to think" etc....

Yes it is also profound.

Here's another good word.... "PETTY"!!! Meaning, out of this whole thread that's what was important to you!!!

Thank you for the 3rd grade vocabulary lesson though.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are ****ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
    —The Great Shark Hunt, 1979....HST

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer."
    —"Extreme Behavior in Aspen," February 3, 2003...HST
    Last edited by wavehog1; Nov 2, 2013 at 05:09 PM.