LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

The essence of my religion can be found here:

Sorry, I donít participate in organized religion nor am I attempting to start one. Iím all for promoting a positive way of being for humanity but religions are distorting the truth and arenít meant to be literal interpretations or twisted to fit agendas. Itís difficult explaining how I/we fit into the bigger picture universally.
    I found the ocean (my church). Thatís the place where I really connect to the greater infallible energy of the universe. Iím referring to the circular cycles that inevitably and perpetually take place on timelines we canít comprehend. This energy is all around us, and also is us. Do you feel it? You canít control it at all, ever. Itís quite literally awesome. When on land, participating in the rat race this energy is difficult to gauge.
    Waves are a direct result of this universal and perpetual energy. While surfing, weíre inserting ourselves directly into the heart of this energy despite the mass of variables. I feel when we navigate sick waves to completion we are truly doing something special by synchronizing with the greater energy that fuels the universe. Surfing is more than a sport or lifestyle.
    Surfing isnít the only way to tap this energy directly, but feels like the best way to me. I also found playing music (not the set list of your favorite Friday night cover band) can take me there but not as completely. I sort of pick the energy out of the air and just start jamming. I can play other artists songs but prefer to make sh*t up and flow with it. I had some pretty fulfilling solo and group random jam sessions over the years. I may not remember what I played the other day because it was such a space journey but itís never stopped me from playing something cool today. I just go with the vibes and thereís a good chance theyíll be different from the previous jam anyway. Forcing out known songs doesnít satisfy me much although I occasionally enjoy playing a couple. Flea is mental!
    Howís my long winded excuse to post this sick vid that some of you probably saw already?
    Anyway, grab a beer or a v8 and relax your mind. The essence of my ďreligionĒ can be experienced here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nz-XX2qpRw
    I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. The essence really kicks in during the second song.

Images
    ^^^^^^Great F**king Post.

So how bout the NFL games last Sunday? Crazy stuff!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    ^^^^^^Great F**king Post.
    Thank you.
    I think people are turned off because I said religion and are not checking the link to the Andy/Jane’s surf vid that summarizes through vibes what I was attempting to describe. I know I say far out sh*t sometimes.
    Last edited by Doug; Oct 31, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    So how bout the NFL games last Sunday? Crazy stuff!!
    Yeah, those games were sick. I got so excited I put on my football uniform (helmet too) and humped my favorite football all day in the corner of my living room while watching the game over my shoulder. I loved the part when all the players were trying to hold the ground still, lost their grips, colliding with each other resulting in dirty sweaty man piles all over the field. You too, right Jeffrey?
    Do you know where I can get the best price on a fresh football? I wore out my favorite during Sundays festivities Also, what’s a good cream for your jock? I have some jock and scrotal chafing from the ball.

First and foremost my friend, lube the ball for balls sake , lube the ball. Nothing works without lubrication.
    I am however proud of you for wearing the helmet!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Sorry, I don’t participate in organized religion nor am I attempting to start one. I’m all for promoting a positive way of being for humanity but religions are distorting the truth and aren’t meant to be literal interpretations or twisted to fit agendas. It’s difficult explaining how I/we fit into the bigger picture universally.
    I found the ocean (my church). That’s the place where I really connect to the greater infallible energy of the universe. I’m referring to the circular cycles that inevitably and perpetually take place on timelines we can’t comprehend. This energy is all around us, and also is us. Do you feel it? You can’t control it at all, ever. It’s quite literally awesome. When on land, participating in the rat race this energy is difficult to gauge.
    Waves are a direct result of this universal and perpetual energy. While surfing, we’re inserting ourselves directly into the heart of this energy despite the mass of variables. I feel when we navigate sick waves to completion we are truly doing something special by synchronizing with the greater energy that fuels the universe. Surfing is more than a sport or lifestyle.
    Surfing isn’t the only way to tap this energy directly, but feels like the best way to me. I also found playing music (not the set list of your favorite Friday night cover band) can take me there but not as completely. I sort of pick the energy out of the air and just start jamming. I can play other artists songs but prefer to make sh*t up and flow with it. I had some pretty fulfilling solo and group random jam sessions over the years. I may not remember what I played the other day because it was such a space journey but it’s never stopped me from playing something cool today. I just go with the vibes and there’s a good chance they’ll be different from the previous jam anyway. Forcing out known songs doesn’t satisfy me much although I occasionally enjoy playing a couple. Flea is mental!
    How’s my long winded excuse to post this sick vid that some of you probably saw already?
    Anyway, grab a beer or a v8 and relax your mind. The essence of my “religion” can be experienced here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nz-XX2qpRw
    I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. The essence really kicks in during the second song.
    i can't get past your avatar...

Images
    It's nice to be part of nature. I love the mountains and the water, but prefer the water since I grew up spending summers at the beach. It's all good for the soul, the music, too. That's good enough for me, don't need to proselytize or convert the coast. Just keep it to yourself and others will feel it.

Images
    i watched the andy swell at pipe video after that. those guys are heros charging that

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Great post Doug. We got 3 to 5 ft of windslop on tap here in the Gulf tomorrow. Think Ill go to church.