LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hood or No Hood

Hood or No Hood

This winter I'm gonna need a new 4/3 wetsuit for surfing in Vabeach and OBX. Plan on getting the excel 4/3 drylock for my winter suit but not sure if I should get one with a attached hood or one with out. If anyone on here has these suits, could I get some input from you?

I have a 4/3 dry lock and it's a very good suit. My vote would be for the hood/vest separate from suit.

Oneil Mutant 4/3 is my favorite. Has a detachable hood. Wore it this morning without the hood. Dries faster than my hyperflex 3/2.
    Last edited by bassplayer; Nov 4, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

i got a 5/4 xcel drylock and its probably best the suit ive ever owned. id grab the 4/3 without the hood and a polypro

No Hood for the warm, sunny days

I personally hate wearing a hooded top under a wetsuit. 5/4 hooded infinity or drylock, ftw

Got a 4/3 drylock w/o the hood by far best suit ever owned Whiskey Miltia for $229!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Oneil Mutant 4/3 is my favorite. Has a detachable hood. Wore it this morning without the hood. Dries faster than my hyperflex 3/2.
    This is what I use for fall & spring in ME. The detachable hood is a great feature. The suit works perfectly with and without the hood...so go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    This is what I use for fall & spring in ME. The detachable hood is a great feature. The suit works perfectly with and without the hood...so go this route.
    Also I got it from Tactics.com for $215.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    I got a mutant 5/4/3 and I use it all winter here in RI. Great suit. dries super fast too, I agree.