LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

board review question

I am getting a Stewart Redline 11. Has anyone heard anything about these boards? New to the sport and i wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything about their performance. also what is the best leash length to have on a nine foot board. I am being told it's one foot per length of board.

Thanks for info.

Ok im going to make it easy for ya. Get a Stuart Royline.. No leash just buy a helmut

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Ok im going to make it easy for ya. Get a Stuart Royline.. No leash just buy a helmut

http://plagiarismchecker.mobi/

That looks like a really good first board. Plenty wide, loads of volume so you'll catch a lot of waves with it. I've never ridden one so I can't be too specific. One piece of advice before you buy a new board (I'm assuming it's new) would be to check around for similar used boards. You can get a great board for 1/2 price. Also, if you're going for a new board why not give a local shaper some love?

.5 HP per meter of board length is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by longboard65 View Post
    I am getting a Stewart Redline 11. Has anyone heard anything about these boards? New to the sport and i wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything about their performance. also what is the best leash length to have on a nine foot board. I am being told it's one foot per length of board.
    On that particular longboard model, leash drag can be a serious and very noticeable problem, even to the novice surfer. You're going to want to go as short and thin with your leash as possible. Something like a 4 or 5' competition-thickness, grom leash would be perfect for that longboard.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    On that particular longboard model, leash drag can be a serious and very noticeable problem, even to the novice surfer. You're going to want to go as short and thin with your leash as possible. Something like a 4 or 5' competition-thickness, grom leash would be perfect for that longboard.
    ONLY do this if you wear two at the same time. 2 Four foot leashes equals 8 feet of surf power.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Wow! Do I always have to be the nice guy? LB65, here's your one freebie as a newbie to swellinfo. Gaffer thrives off sarcasm. For a 9ft board use an 8-9 ft leash. Also, if anyone tells you to use bungee cords for a leash please do not attempt...that's a very, very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by longboard65 View Post
    By the way brother, why would ask for a review after you buy the board? You need to tell us your review. This might actually turn into a valuable thread for the kiddies.