LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

board review question

I am getting a Stewart Redline 11. Has anyone heard anything about these boards? New to the sport and i wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything about their performance. also what is the best leash length to have on a nine foot board. I am being told it's one foot per length of board.

Thanks for info.

Ok im going to make it easy for ya. Get a Stuart Royline.. No leash just buy a helmut

That looks like a really good first board. Plenty wide, loads of volume so you'll catch a lot of waves with it. I've never ridden one so I can't be too specific. One piece of advice before you buy a new board (I'm assuming it's new) would be to check around for similar used boards. You can get a great board for 1/2 price. Also, if you're going for a new board why not give a local shaper some love?

.5 HP per meter of board length is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by longboard65 View Post
    I am getting a Stewart Redline 11. Has anyone heard anything about these boards? New to the sport and i wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything about their performance. also what is the best leash length to have on a nine foot board. I am being told it's one foot per length of board.
    On that particular longboard model, leash drag can be a serious and very noticeable problem, even to the novice surfer. You're going to want to go as short and thin with your leash as possible. Something like a 4 or 5' competition-thickness, grom leash would be perfect for that longboard.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    On that particular longboard model, leash drag can be a serious and very noticeable problem, even to the novice surfer. You're going to want to go as short and thin with your leash as possible. Something like a 4 or 5' competition-thickness, grom leash would be perfect for that longboard.
    ONLY do this if you wear two at the same time. 2 Four foot leashes equals 8 feet of surf power.

Quote Originally Posted by longboard65 View Post
    By the way brother, why would ask for a review after you buy the board? You need to tell us your review. This might actually turn into a valuable thread for the kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Wow! Do I always have to be the nice guy? LB65, here's your one freebie as a newbie to swellinfo. Gaffer thrives off sarcasm. For a 9ft board use an 8-9 ft leash. Also, if anyone tells you to use bungee cords for a leash please do not attempt...that's a very, very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Wow! Do I always have to be the nice guy? LB65, here's your one freebie as a newbie to swellinfo. Gaffer thrives off sarcasm. For a 9ft board use an 8-9 ft leash. Also, if anyone tells you to use bungee cords for a leash please do not attempt...that's a very, very bad idea.
    I think that whomever wrote the description for that board on the GSI website has a command of wit and sarcasm that I can only dream of.

Stewart’s latest design, the Redline 11 is a one-board quiver. It turns like an 8’6, paddles like a 9’6 and noserides like a 10’0, making it the only board you’ll ever need and the current best-selling Stewart model.

The 19” wide nose has a concave that goes past the center of the board, enabling you to paddle farther forward. Catch more waves with less effort and become the wave hog you’ve always wanted to be!