LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    blackfish was just in MP/ST. maybe he'll have some. I gave him a couple of names of my friends that may or may not still be there. as for cheap, this time of year is like coming to VB in July/August. Iffin you wanted cheap, 2 weeks after Easter is the beginning of cheap time

If you do decide on staying in Playa Grande the nice thing is its relatively close to everything so you could actually stay there the entire time and then just do day trips or whatever.

If you decide to go further south than Guanacaste then I would stay down south somewhere. Avoid Jaco at all costs! Actually there's a little town south of Jaco about 30-45 minutes called Quepos. Its a killer little town that is spread up and down the mountain along the coast. When you first get there you have the actual little town and jettys. Then you wind up the mountain/hill and there's some really cool hotels and restaurants/bars. The view is insane up there! Then you wind down the hill and that's where the beach is. Just past the little stip of beach is Manuel Antonio National Park. They have some really cool birds, lizards, monkey's and even sloths that you can check out.

In Santa terresa there's a place called Zaneidas Lefts. They used to offer cabinas and camping.

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    If you do decide on staying in Playa Grande the nice thing is its relatively close to everything so you could actually stay there the entire time and then just do day trips or whatever.

If you decide to go further south than Guanacaste then I would stay down south somewhere. Avoid Jaco at all costs! Actually there's a little town south of Jaco about 30-45 minutes called Quepos. Its a killer little town that is spread up and down the mountain along the coast. When you first get there you have the actual little town and jettys. Then you wind up the mountain/hill and there's some really cool hotels and restaurants/bars. The view is insane up there! Then you wind down the hill and that's where the beach is. Just past the little stip of beach is Manuel Antonio National Park. They have some really cool birds, lizards, monkey's and even sloths that you can check out.
    thanks wavehog1. thats pretty much reinforces my impression of playa grande so i think were settled there. if we decide to go further south of guanacaste then quepos will be our spot. im pretty convinced were going to stay north at this point though for simplicity and wrap up in st/mp area.

chicharrone - i feel ya but we didnt really have a choice on time of year this time around with the groups vacation availability and conflicts with work. id def go a different time of year in an ideal world. im gonna look into zaneidas. thanks!