LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    I never have to miss work to surf...the best swells always fall on the weekends so that all the a-holes from out of town can partake.
    You know, I've been noticing this too. I mean recently, all these swells have been falling on Friday's/Saturday's, which is awesome for the working man. On the contrary, not having found work yet, I'm definitely crossing my fingers for some mid week empty line ups.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Thanks mang...if only there were waves and you got a chance to try this out Honestly I've yet to do it, the idea dawned on me semi-recently, but dead serious it's happening before I leave my current job, and you guys will be the first to know.
    My problem with this excuse is that if I crapped myself and told my boss he'd make me keep working with it in my pants all day! He's a bigger lunatic than me!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    My problem with this excuse is that if I crapped myself and told my boss he'd make me keep working with it in my pants all day! He's a bigger lunatic than me!
    Dude that would certainly complicate thinga and throw a monkeywrench in the plan! That'd be a long day.

my last real job came with a chest high and over clause. for the past 8 years I could go when ever I want. this year, none of that made a difference with no swell.

Is it lying if you say due to stress issues you have an emergency "therapy" session you must attend?

Images
    this thread has been done a few times, so here's a repost:

you can only kill of so many members of your family, so death in the family has limitations. illness often requires faking symptoms, which is cheesy, at best. sick kids works to a point, but since small kids get sick a lot, you may need that one for the real thing. cable guy is coming, toilet overflowed etc etc - those are one-off excuses - not good for repeat use.

i find dental problems to be the most versatile excuses...dental problems can pop up at a moment's notice (toothache, crown fell out, etc etc), easy to come back from without having to fake any symptoms (and no one wants to look in your mouth to see your problem), often requires a followup useful for the next swell (have to go back to get the permanent crown put on), easy to plan around a tide or wind change, easy to change on the fly for shifting surf conditions (the doc rescheduled my appointment), easy to extend as needed (the doc gave me painkillers, which means i can't drive) and can be used over and over, year after year.

I like seldom's poop-your-pants idea... maybe eat a bunch of cheap bean burritos with extra ghost-pepper sauce to make it convincing...

I told everyone "I'm not taking any vacations this year, instead I want to save my vacation days for the fall hurricane season and just take off whenever there is crazy hurricane swell hitting"... unfortunately this did not work out so well :/

I just started a new job with my employer. Out of operations and into marketing, which means I can "work" remotely with some regularity. I see my mid-week surfing days going WAY UP.

So glad I won't have to shart in front of my boss.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    this thread has been done a few times, so here's a repost:

you can only kill of so many members of your family, so death in the family has limitations. illness often requires faking symptoms, which is cheesy, at best. sick kids works to a point, but since small kids get sick a lot, you may need that one for the real thing. cable guy is coming, toilet overflowed etc etc - those are one-off excuses - not good for repeat use.

i find dental problems to be the most versatile excuses...dental problems can pop up at a moment's notice (toothache, crown fell out, etc etc), easy to come back from without having to fake any symptoms (and no one wants to look in your mouth to see your problem), often requires a followup useful for the next swell (have to go back to get the permanent crown put on), easy to plan around a tide or wind change, easy to change on the fly for shifting surf conditions (the doc rescheduled my appointment), easy to extend as needed (the doc gave me painkillers, which means i can't drive) and can be used over and over, year after year.
    I like this idea, but with my karma I would end up with a raging toothache for real.

i knew a guy who wanted to leave work on a friday so bad that he went into the bathroom and squirted handsoap into his eye to fake pink eye. the only problem was that no one came by his cube and "discovered" it so he had to invent some reason to go to his boss and say "does my eye look funny?" he did get out of work, though he still had soap in his eye the rest of the day