LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Their trying to make surfers look like a cult or something.......ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    ...but surfing doesn't suggest that there is a person like Buda, Jesus or Rasta.
    Dave Rastovich is God!

rastavich?

rasta is cool. not god. not at all.

Images
    Giving praise to the surfing gods would be a Pagan belief. In fact I'm sure there were/are deities of the sea.

Pagan being where you gain spiritual growth by living in harmony with the earth upon which we live.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jun 4, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

Images
    I think the surfing mags ran out of anything new to talk about maybe 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    I think the surfing mags ran out of anything new to talk about maybe 20 years ago.
    hahahah too funny

Images

priorities

so lets see, go to church on Sunday or catch a wave? i go to church EVERY week, but i am also shooting pics when it's good. you can do both. some have turned cars, boards, boats into gods or religion. you know whats really funny, when we all get the smackdown, we look up and we ask God to help us out. why not turn it into a full time focus, where it should be. God promises to give us the delights and desires of our hearts.
    MAYBE THAT WILL CHANGE THIS FLAT SPELL.
    THIS PLACES ROCKS, AND I HELP!
    check it out
    http://www.bayshorecc.org/

Surfing is also a way of life. I know i wake up every morning and hop online to see if there are waves or take the drive down to see for myself. It takes up a lot of time, making it a lifestyle and a great one at that.

I though it was pretty interesting too. I think anything you do that is somewhat secluded from society, and in nature, is a spiritual experience. But religion is a belief. Surfing is an action and way of life. I can see how the connection is made because we are surley a different breed and often nomadic. Lots of strange people and wanderers that don't really go with the norm. But as far as it emulating a religion, I think that's a bit far fetched.

I can say one thing, big seas in the dead of winter on a solo session is quite the experience, and definately leaves me feeling enlightened.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwave42 View Post
    I can say one thing, big seas in the dead of winter on a solo session is quite the experience, and definately leaves me feeling enlightened.
    I'd say anything that makes you fear death will make you search for a purpose to live?

Some surfers quite readily put themselves in life threatening situations for the joy of the experience.