LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Morality and religion are not mutually exclusive ideas however they aren't always a package deal. I don't know if i would put surfing under a pagan classification. It transcends a strict connection to nature. Most pagan religions are connected to nature in return for something.(good harvest..etc) Surfing dictates morality not because a surfer wishes to receive something in return, but because he/she knows it is what is right (or wrong.) To think otherwise would be hedonistic.
    i think you just contradicted yourself. if surfing becomes the center of your life or way of life, isn't that in itself hedonistic?? I mean, we surf, because we get pleasure from surfing - correct? Some would opt out of sex or blow off many other things in order to not miss a good day of surf.

Images
    Did you delete my post? Or did I just not hit the right button?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Db2k5 View Post
    Did you delete my post? Or did I just not hit the right button?
    i didn't delete anything.

Images

sorta

That is where the other spiritual aspects come into play. Surfing is not only a means to personal pleasure, but instills certain qualities into the psyche that constitute morals and beliefs. While the immediate goal for most surfers is enjoyment, you can't discredit the lasting effects on a surfers outlook on life, and morals.

Images
    In other words its good for the soul!