LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: buoy 44065

buoy 44065

Whats the deal - is it going to be recording wave information again?

same deal with # 44025, south of Islip. all we have left on LI is # 44017 south of Montauk. maybe the government should cut back just a little bit on the space program to get these buoys up and running again on mother earth. what a bunch of screwballs. just thinkin' out loud. you know, before it becomes a safety issue.

I confirmed today that the buoys are out of service with no timeline for restoration of service due to the lack of funding due to the sequestration cuts. Got this info via twitter directly from a NOAA meteorlogist who tweeted this out:

GarySzatkowski 1:33pm via Web
    Hey, no one is happy about it. No timeline due to sequestration. Gift that keeps on giving.

-------
    So, write or call your Congressman (or woman). Ridiculous

Thats really unfortunate I used the buoy all the time. Im suprised no one else has brought it up or b*tched about it.

Images
    65, 25, 66 are the ones I mostly check. 66 still works. I would weave the info from all three to figure what may be happening at my frequented surf spots. If 66 is tweaking at any given hour I no longer have a way to verify the info. It's extremely incompetent but look who's funding them; the most irresponsible clown show on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by bags of jay View Post
    Thats really unfortunate I used the buoy all the time. Im suprised no one else has brought it up or b*tched about it.
    I was *****in' about my two buoys a while back, two threads on the subject:

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...et-Shenanigans

Is this a third world country yet, or what?