LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know what really grinds my gears? People driving on the road like where they have to go is more important than where I need to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    The Quebecois REALLY grind my gears. Any on here? They're unfriendly, very clique-y in the water and speak a silly language that no one even understands. What's worse, they ALWAYS jog from their car to the water with their board under their arm. WHY ARE THEY RUNNING???? IT'S LIKE A 30 SECOND WALK!!!!
    And they break out the hooded suits in like early September

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    you know what really grinds my gears,photographers.if there was ever a lamer excuse to make money,please enlighten me.i have much respect for photographers like zak noyle,chris bukhard,matt lusk,matt clark but these nondescript low budget little rich kids who feel the need to upload every picture they ever took to the world wide internet,then cry when someone reposts their pictures.people take pictures,its no sport,no hobby,no nothing.u see something nice u want to capture it.iv been taking photos for well over 20 years,i had pictures used in magazines(not surf mags),seen my pics on other peoples photo blogs,and that doesnt bother me.if someone likes one of pictures,feel free to keep it for yourself.to upload a pic and put some stupid copyright in the middle,then try to charge people for your photos,its like trying to sell my old cig butts out the ashtray.i remember the days u had to get your film developed.every year to this day i bought the newest best high megapixel camera.i have over 30 cameras getting dusted in the attic that are no longer any use to me.over the years i stopped sharing my photos.i have pics of legends that passed over the years,that their own families dont know about.if i was a little lazy loser,maybe id sell a few flix,but i like to keep them in my own private photo albums and work a real job like real men do.
    you are really grinding my gears right now, people take pictures for different reasons. some people take pictures as a way of life - to make money. they get paid a lot of money for those shots in magazines. other people may not make money but those pictures are their intellectual property. i believe it should be up to them if they want to share them with anyone or if they want to try to make some pennies for was they have done. not all of them are snobby little rich kids who are just taking pictures. i worked my ass off and studied on my own to afford my expensive dslr and learn how to properly use it. if i finally get that picture that i believe really captured something someone would be willing to pay money for i'd love to be able to sell my work. right now I have a full time job, i also volunteer to photograph anyone who asks and have done some paid jobs. but again, that is my artistic property, just like if you build a surfboard you don't want someone claiming that as their own. end rant for now

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    when people on longboards squat up and down, pretending to pump, when they're really not doing anything but looking stupid
    When shortboarders do the same thing. squatting up and down isn't pumping no matter what board your on

Images
    PEOPLE grind my gears!!! Not you guys, I love you all, and we share the same disease..but PEOPLE! Especially rich kids on facebook discussing global poverty as if they actually ever had to work for anything, acting like they've shared the plight of the world's oppressed. Ok I'm done.

Know what really grinds my gears? People fighting about politics when they are absolutely uneducated on actual policy, comparably similar approaches, and political history. Just because mommy and daddy/fox news-msnbc/idiot coworkers have baseless opinions, people feel they should adopt baseless opinions too. If you think the talking heads on the tv screen are idiots, then stop emulating them.

It makes no sense. You wouldn't lecture Brian Greenlight about glassing, and more importantly you wouldn't lecture ANYONE about astrophysics or evolutionary biology. People have a similarly miniscule amount of data about political discourse and comparitive policy, yet they run their mouths nonetheless. F*cking moronic.

Once we're done running this dump into the ground, said parties will begin the finger pointing and trigger pulling. For every ten dipsh*ts out there driving a prius or stockpiling guns, there is one quiet carpenter building homes for the homeless; one quiet lawyer doing pro-bono work; one Harvard grad in slum development instead of skyscraper realty. Actually the ratio is far worse than that. We're f*cked.

Some day a real rain'll come and wash all the scum off these streets. Probably in the form of a meteor. Get ready for the 23 footers!

these hordes of mouth breathers I see walking up and down the beach, every day, each with a big bag full of sand dollars. They take them home and end up throwing them in the garbage. I recently saw a big pile of them dumped by a movie theater 200 miles inland! I see it as part of the sand bar being removed for no reason.

I saw a pile of star fish rotting in the parking lot at the beach. Someone walked up to the pier pilings at low tide and pulled them off...must have been a child, but where is the parent? Stupidity...them for doing it and me for caring.

Images
    Good stuff let it all out boys. Waterbaby you're not stupid for caring about those star fish, not at all.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arabseamonkey View Post
    . but again, that is my artistic property, just like if you build a surfboard you don't want someone claiming that as their own. end rant for now
    no, it's not just like that. intellectual property is not real property. learn the difference and you'll feel better.

Sell outs. Non real peeps. Ya I'm not there 3 days a week yet those jacks don't know. But we do. Think comment know or be our beach. Think it or knot. B well.