LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haiyan

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post

it makes you wonder, is this a coincidence? Or are storms on the earth getting more powerful?
    I often wonder the same...since the tsunami of 2004 we've seen quite a few record breaking/extraordinary events. I wonder when the Yellowstone caldera's gonna go...

Holy F that's one helluva storm, the eye is so thick and defined it looks like a black hole on earth, completely sucking up everything in it's path. I feel bad for everybody in it's path

Images
    Any buoy data from this storm?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Any buoy data from this storm?
    yeah, "Buoy, that's a bigazz storm!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I often wonder the same...since the tsunami of 2004 we've seen quite a few record breaking/extraordinary events. I wonder when the Yellowstone caldera's gonna go...
    Yellowstone scares the hell out of me.

Images
    Is there a big wave surfing community in connection with this storm ?

Quote Originally Posted by viajerodevida View Post
    There's only so much energy to go around on this planet and we all know the Sun's constant input is the driving force behind our weather. If there's an imbalance of energy somewhere nature will find a way to even things out.

A difference in electrical charge between the air and the ground? Lightning.
    An uneven heating of the ground and water? On or offshore breeze.
    Water too shallow to support the inbound wave energy? Surf.
    Apologizing to the girl for an honest mistake? Sex.

When the East Coast has had a piss-poor hurricane season, where does that energy go?
    I've never really heard it put this way but it does make a lot of sense

I've always found it stupefying when I hear the religious windbags call this sort of act of Nature "Gawd's Will." And in the same breath say gawd is great, gawd is merciful, hit your knees buoy & repent.

I mean, really, it's beyond anyone's understanding. Attempts to explain it are acts of arrogance no matter how they couch the terminology or the imagery.

The other one that piques my interest is when the religious harlots scream about the christian gawd or the muslim gawd or the jewish gawd being righteous & true & good.....so, uh, does that mean that those people who got wiped out by 'an act of gawd' bet on the wrong horse...?

wayne the insane should drop the boards, stop posting the messianic mania on a surfing forum & get over there if he really wants to do the lawd's work.....
    Last edited by yankee; Nov 13, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Gahd just gave those poor bastids a 4.8 earthquake today for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I've always found it stupefying when I hear the religious windbags call this sort of act of Nature "Gawd's Will." And in the same breath say gawd is great, gawd is merciful, hit your knees buoy & repent.

I mean, really, it's beyond anyone's understanding. Attempts to explain it are acts of arrogance no matter how they couch the terminology or the imagery.

The other one that piques my interest is when the religious harlots scream about the christian gawd or the muslim gawd of the jewish gawd being righteous & true & good.....so, uh, does that mean that those people who got wiped out by 'an act of gawd' bet on the wrong horse...?

wayne the insane should drop the boards, stop posting the messianic mania on a surfing forum & get over there if he really wants to do the lawd's work.....
    Not trying to get anyone to believe what us "Jesus freaks" believe but just a fragment of understanding might help. God or Gawd as you say was ready to wipe EVERY person off the earth for completely disobeying his laws (since He did create all this that we know He has the right to make the rules) but He was MERCIFUL and allowed Noah and his family to survive because they were obedient. So mankind exists at all because God is merciful.