LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New board for the quiver

Hey, it's time for a new board for next spring and she it's good.
    I want it to be a hpsb with a touch of extra volume.
    I need it to go in between the Stewart fartknocker and the Wynn.
    I really want to go Wynn for this board too.
    What do you think would be best?

channel islands Remix. Great HPSB that has just a tad more girth in the tail and nose.

what are the dims of the stewart & the wynn? seems like the wynn is more of a step-up type shape w/ a rounded pin & the stewart is an ultra-groveler. maybe a fred rubble/flyer type board? a little more width & thickness but less length a slightly more relaxed entry rocker.

good on ya for keeping it local, btw!

The fart knocker is 5' 9" and the Wynn is 6'3"
    I am about 6'3" and 150

The funny thing is that I have have gotten barreled on the Wynn and the bing, but always seem to pull into the thicker and hollower waves with the bing and the board is massive so I just end up getting plowed
    It is 7'11"x22 1/2x3

Go into Greenlight and talk to them about a rocket fish style shortboard. Thruster or quad... or convertible. Swallow or battail are proven winners. Something in the 5'10 - 6'0 range for you would be pretty good, I'm thinking.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Nov 8, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

id be looking at a dumpster diverish kind of board. he makes one called the trash picker i believe. i had one for several years and it was my go to board.

loving the trac pad on the funboard, zman. Is that to keep the can of beer from sliding around?

Flyer or speed demon aught to fill that gap. I have a copy of a CI red beauty that is hands down my favorite HPSB, a bit thicker and has an that early 90's feel. Mine is 6'4 x 20 but I've got 50 pounds on ya.
    Last edited by leethestud; Nov 8, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Sorry, nothing between a 7'11" Wynn and Stewart Fartknocker can even be considered a HPSB. You are in fun shape territory there, or maybe grovelor.

If you want a real HPSB with a little more volume check out Lost V2 Shortboard, or CI Fred Rubble, or Roberts Black Diamond. Those are HPSBs that carry some more volume.

I don't think I've seen a Flyer or Speed Demon for sale in 5 years, on the rack at least?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post

I don't think I've seen a Flyer or Speed Demon for sale in 5 years, on the rack at least?
    If those shapes go away, I'll be stoked, because I have a quiver full of them that is about to be "vintaged"