LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Changing of the season thread.....

Post in here what type of suit you wore, what accessories you used, where you surfed, and how it went.

So everyone everywhere knows what to wear to be comfortable surfing.

Today, central NJ I wore 3/2 good quality chest zip, 7mm boots and 5mm gloves. I was warm until the sun went down. I wish I did not wear the gloves my hands were to hot. I did not need the boots which I wore for the first time this season but they were not uncomfortably hot. Still can wear a 3/2 with no boots or gloves. The boots and gloves I am seeing more and more often in the water. I am also seeing some winter suits busted out. We are on the cusp in NJ in my opinion. Whatever gets you out there.

Images
    3/2 today. only needed that. if i had went down south i could have wore a spring suit but alas i didnt....

Water temp now around 61-62 in VB. Been wearing 2/1 shorty for past month.

we are on the cusp

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Water temp now around 61-62 in VB. Been wearing 2/1 shorty for past month.
    Air temp this morning is 46 and windy. May break out the 4/3 even though the water's still in low 60s. On webcams, it doesn't look all that good out there now (not hooky-worthy like yesterday AM); but will swing by early on way to work and check anyway.
    Reminds me, gotta small hole in knee of 4/3 that needs patching.

In DE last night, wore my 3/2...completely comfortable...water is in the low 60's..still feels really warm to me.

Images
    ss spring, saw a guy in a full suit with booties yesterday in 68 degree water and i couldnt believe it but you see people with overly thick wetsuits in south carolina and florida.

The water is 50F in southern ME. Last weekend I had some excellent morning sessions with the temp outside at about 40F with no sunshine. I rocked the 4/3 with the hood due to the cold air along with 7mil booties (the only ones I own) and 3mil gloves. Perfectly comfortable at all times. Should be able to stay with the 4/3 well into December, possibly even later.

I was fine with a 3/2 in North Jersey. No boots or gloves