LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3/2 chest zip w/ quality 2 mm jacket underneath, 7mm boooties, no gloves. Rhode Island all last weekend. sunday morning was overcast with 20 mph offshore and i wish i was in a thicker suit or had a hood.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I was fine with a 3/2 in North Jersey. No boots or gloves
    Same... but I wore thin split toe boots just for added comfort. Really didn't need them, though.

Images
    Busted out the 4/3 last weekend in RI...3 mils on the feets no gloves yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Air temp this morning is 46 and windy. May break out the 4/3 even though the water's still in low 60s. On webcams, it doesn't look all that good out there now (not hooky-worthy like yesterday AM); but will swing by early on way to work and check anyway.
    Reminds me, gotta small hole in knee of 4/3 that needs patching.
    The low 60s water temps aren't bad. Went out late this afternoon. Air temp 53 dropping to 49. Wind 15. Wore the 2/1 shorty. But after the first half hour, I would've been been more comfortable in my 4/3. The wind can be a killer. I was freezing walking back to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Air temp 53 dropping to 49. Wind 15. Wore the 2/1 shorty.
    I gotta say man, i know you haven't been surfing long; but that is really dumb. The ocean is not to be taken lightly.

Let's just say that instead of the 30 minutes you went out for, u had been stuck in the water for 3 hours. It happens, it's happened to me. What then?

LBI at dawn the wind chill was 32 with ocean temp 55. I went 4/3 3mm boots and gloves. .......and squid lid until the sun warmed me up a little. Definitely could have been without the gloves. We are on the cusp.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Today, central NJ I wore 3/2 good quality chest zip, 7mm boots and 5mm gloves.
    Jesus, 7 mil boots?! What do you wear in February then?! Haha. Central jersey on Thursday: wore 3 mil boots, no gloves. Hands werent uncomfortable, but could tell another couple of degrees, and I'd be whining.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I gotta say man, i know you haven't been surfing long; but that is really dumb. The ocean is not to be taken lightly.

Let's just say that instead of the 30 minutes you went out for, u had been stuck in the water for 3 hours. It happens, it's happened to me. What then?
    Good point, and thanks. I did have the "now that was stupid" feeling as I was shivering away walking up the beach afterwards. I have a family depending on me. Conditions were only 2-3 ft but can change quickly. The day before the 2/1 was fine. Air temps were mid/upper 60s. But this time of year, cold fronts can come in fast - as they did here. Frost on the cars this morning. Hanging up the 2/1 until May.

4/3 with 3mm boots and no gloves in South jersey.

Trunks only, F youse guys