LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was keeping a surf log until my wife found it floatin and flushed it, damn her!

I record date and location, wave height and conditions, and anything specific that might make a session standout. For example one day at long beach this spring, the fog was so thick I couldn't see 10 feet in front of my face and had to sit on the beach for an hour waiting for the sun to burn it off. I enjoy trying to get as many different locations as possible over year. This year I've gotten LI, Jersey, OBX, WB, and Mexico. I count anything where I get at least one wave on a board a surf session. I keep the log on Evernote on my phone and dial it up when I'm bored at work or on the train and mind surf. I've found it's always worth it to surf. Even if it's knee high and onshore you're always learning, improving, getting more comfortable in the water, and getting all the benefits of being in the ocean. The epic sessions only happen a few times a year if not every few years. I think I do it because I had about 4 year when I wasn't surfing regularly and realized how important it is. Thanks for the responses everyone.

About 30 times a year.Mark it on the frige after every sesh.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I don't actually surf, I just like wearing Hollister. : (
    Haha, im sick of seeing all my friends at school and they don't even uderstand what I do or what surfing actually is.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DKH76 View Post
    I record date and location, wave height and conditions, and anything specific that might make a session standout. For example one day at long beach this spring, the fog was so thick I couldn't see 10 feet in front of my face and had to sit on the beach for an hour waiting for the sun to burn it off. I enjoy trying to get as many different locations as possible over year. This year I've gotten LI, Jersey, OBX, WB, and Mexico. I count anything where I get at least one wave on a board a surf session. I keep the log on Evernote on my phone and dial it up when I'm bored at work or on the train and mind surf. I've found it's always worth it to surf. Even if it's knee high and onshore you're always learning, improving, getting more comfortable in the water, and getting all the benefits of being in the ocean. The epic sessions only happen a few times a year if not every few years. I think I do it because I had about 4 year when I wasn't surfing regularly and realized how important it is. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    I try to find a shell every time we go and I write on it about the conditions and the date etc. So far after 2 years Im up to i think about 50-70? I go almost every weekend from the NW corner of CT down to RI, so thats why I don't have many sessions under my belt. Although sometimes we go for a long weekend in the summer when there are waves, so that adds up.

last winter, nov-may I surfed about 125-150 times, figure 5-8 times a week for 26 weeks, I had an 11 day hiatus where I twisted my ankle....

Average between 30 and 60 sessions a year. Also log the days, location, conditions, Anything awesome!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Average between 30 and 60 sessions a year. Also log the days, location, conditions, Anything awesome!
    Where you at?

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    I try to find a shell every time we go and I write on it about the conditions and the date etc. So far after 2 years Im up to i think about 50-70? I go almost every weekend from the NW corner of CT down to RI, so thats why I don't have many sessions under my belt. Although sometimes we go for a long weekend in the summer when there are waves, so that adds up.
    Grom brah that's a pretty cool lil festive custom you got there with the shells. Don't be letting no wahines scoff the clam commemorating your best sessions. Should be the other way around.

Average about 80 to 100 sesh per year. Mostly Assateague or Ocean Cty, MD plus one to two trips per year.

Quite a few of those are n waves under waist high but the exercise is good, and helps keep you sharp for the good days, which this year has been pretty rare. I'd say fewer than 15 solid days in Maryland so far 2013, and that's just defining solid as shoulder high or bigger and clean.