LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Yea, we've had a good run with the swell but the wind has just not been in our favor, the N.E. wind has been killing it, beggers can't be choosey I guess.

If February and March is half as good as last year, I'll live through this

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    VB and obx have been pretty consistent. minus the 2 weeks with no waves a couple weeks ago, its been really fun
    I've had mostly the opposite experience off VB/Dam Neck so far this fall. But it's all in the timing. Reports, forecasts,and even webcams can't fully be relied upon. I've hit it lucky (relatively speaking) a few times, even when the web cams showed nothing. And just the opposite. I'll arrive at a spot, looks OK, go back to the car, suit up, grab the board, paddle out, and....nothing. And again, just the opposite has happened. Or it gets all blown out and choppy. Had a lot of that this fall. It can at times change so quickly - even within 15 minutes. Air and water temps in transition now. Cold fronts passing through. Took the 4/3 out of mothballs. This morning, water 60, air 40.

Had a really fun morning mid last week. Best session in a long time. 3-4 glassy, offshore breeze. Air and water in mid 60s. Dolphins, adults and juvenile, all around us added to the enjoyment. Good vibe. One of those sessions when you say, "This is why I do this."

waist high does that really constitute as a swell?

last week was great three days of fun. now been a week without waves

as the great Butthead once said"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before"

That's awesome. Good for you... Nothing helps you improve more than consistent surf.
    I'm sue it will get good over the winter, but it's a bummer to have a shi**y fall. It's my favorite time of year by far. Nothing better than a solid Sept/Oct swell up here. Warm water and offshores usually.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You're day will come, i'm sure this winter will bring plenty of dredgers your way, I've been able to really get my go-to breaks dialed in this year with as consistent as it's been, starting to really click for me, i'm surfing at an all time high level (for me), been going back and forth between the LB and SB, both have been super fun, the LB in HH conditions has been quite the surprise, it's a very nimble board and hauls ass, gets really responsive with some juice behind it

Images
    One of the only fall's where Jersey didn't "score". Definitely some fun days, but usually at about this time, surfline would be doing a write up on how epic the fall was in NJ

Images
    I have come to the conclusion that in order to be satisfied with the conditions, you have to settle for mediocrity.At least on the Delmarva, there have been plenty of waist-chest swells. Yes, we haven't received any groundswells, but if you can find a bar, there is plenty of fun surf. Last week was decent, with a few HH waves coming through.

My point exactly... lame even with the clocks going back the am sessions are non existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    One of the only fall's where Jersey didn't "score". Definitely some fun days, but usually at about this time, surfline would be doing a write up on how epic the fall was in NJ