LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    127

    Putting a Track Pad Back On

    I need to fix a ding on the tail of my board, close to my track pad. I think the right way to do it would be to remove the track pad. Can I glue it back on or do I need to go buy a new one? It is just the tail block section of a multi piece pad so it is pretty sturdy. What would I use, just some spray adhesive?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    985
    Images
    24
    Just buy a new one, I tried to take mine off and it just peeled off in a million pieces.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    985
    Images
    24
    Get a creatures one though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UGHHH! :(
    Posts
    314
    Use goo gone on the residue or the new one might not stick

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    985
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Use goo gone on the residue or the new one might not stick
    oh ya, +1 for that ^^

  6. #6
    if it comes off in one piece, you can use 3M spray adhesive to stick it back on (I've done it)...but, yeah, clean all that old adhesive off the board with rubbing alcohol or something

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    851
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    if it comes off in one piece, you can use 3M spray adhesive to stick it back on (I've done it)...but, yeah, clean all that old adhesive off the board with rubbing alcohol or something
    yup, the 3M spray adhesive works good on a clean surface. or you could buy a new one and if you're willing to pay $39, you can get the DaKine Andy Irons traction pad. i guess AI Forever refers to the Eternal Endorsement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    127
    I managed to get it off without doing too much damage. Cleaned up the board with nail polish remover (acetone), and old sponge, and a paint scraper... that was a PITA. Going to try the 3M stuff once I get this ding fixed up. Thanks guys.

  9. #9
    I'm sure his wife gets a check for the endorsement

    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    yup, the 3M spray adhesive works good on a clean surface. or you could buy a new one and if you're willing to pay $39, you can get the DaKine Andy Irons traction pad. i guess AI Forever refers to the Eternal Endorsement.

  10. #10
    Buy a new one...see them online cheap with free shipping often