LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the Ocean County Shark!!!

get those feet up out of the water!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...l#incart_river

Gotta be a Squatch....

"That brings the schools of fish, and the schools of fish bring the sharks: whites, makos, tigers, bulls, sand tigers, dogfish and the occasional blue."

I liked this comment. If it's anything the bait brings dogfish, threshers, makos, blue's and the occasional white or tiger.

I like the title of this thread: THE Ocean County Shark. As if this was the only one (it probably is)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    "That brings the schools of fish, and the schools of fish bring the sharks: whites, makos, tigers, bulls, sand tigers, dogfish and the occasional blue."

I liked this comment. If it's anything the bait brings dogfish, threshers, makos, blue's and the occasional white or tiger.
    Indeed. I thought the same when I read that. The swim fin looked a bit jagged for a shark bite too.
    I surfed that exact location 3 times in the past 10 days actually, and it seemed mellow. I think a few blue fish could do that to a swim fin in a split second and some big ones were reported early in the week a little further north.
    Last edited by Doug; Nov 10, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Swim fin

there is always sharks out there, its the ocean after all

http://www.surfermag.com/features/shark-attack-reunion/

Funniest thing I read in a long time:

“For now, we have to trust in our love of the ocean to solve this,” he added. “We must find a solution to live together with the sharks.”

Yes, hold the sharks' side fin and sing kumbaya with them...they'll understand.....

saw a shark wednesday mid afternoon while surfing solo. steady onshore breeze. saw it once for a second 100 ft away. saw it a second time much closer heading my direction cruising w fin up. needless to say i paddled in as quick and discreet as i could. can anyone id the shark? brownish, murky colored fin. had a bit of a spine with it. in comparison to the fin, i'd say the shark was atleast 4 ft maybe up to 6ft...

Quote Originally Posted by The Voltron View Post
    i paddled in as quick and discreet as i could.
    lol.... exactly how does one paddle in descreetly? what were you whistling pretending to mind your own business while you paddled???

your a flamer ... just looking for the type of shark