LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

chat about surf spots

Does anyone know a good app to chat about specific surf spots? With surfline I can see the webcam and daily reports, but if I wanted to know how it was for other surfers, up to the minute, is there any app for that? Like with ChatTag you can go to #SurfScripps and you can see what surfers are saying...anything else like that?

Yeah, there's iKook, iSnake, Not-So-Secret Spot, BrokeBreaks, and SpotShott.

Any of them will enable you to assist in blowing up the sanctity of mad surf spots!

Before he went off the grid in Chappelle-esque fashion, NJshred was known to provide a live feed of up to the minute status updates from the crest of 23ft altitude via his lifeproof iPhone 6.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Nov 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

SpotShoot also gives advice on shoting the pier too right?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    SpotShoot also gives advice on shoting the pier too right?
    Gotta spell it right on the search in App Store, but yes. It will tell you the desired approach angle for a pier's pilings relative to the wind direction at the time.

Images
    here we have locals who check a spot and text 30 people that it's on and within the hour it's not worth being there.
    And you want to add to that?

Quote Originally Posted by juliesurfie View Post
    Does anyone know a good app to chat about specific surf spots? With surfline I can see the webcam and daily reports, but if I wanted to know how it was for other surfers, up to the minute, is there any app for that? Like with ChatTag you can go to #SurfScripps and you can see what surfers are saying...anything else like that?
    Just buy the book. Yeah, that book. You don't know the title? WTF do you mean you don't know the title, jewels...?!

(probably the dumbest friggin request ever to hit this forum, well, maybe not the dumbest as long as chucka-boo-boo is masquerading as bumbles the snow monster, but still .... what did I just read here....sadly, a sign of the near-future....some IT genius a-hole will create 'Instant Surfing App' so Julie & her crew will know right where to go....welcome her with open parking spots in thine lineups, yee of the new suffering packed surf order)
    Last edited by yankee; Nov 12, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Does anyone know a good app to chat about specific surf spots?
    Yes. It's called "surfing". It's included with Life version 4 or 5. I never can remember the latest revisions but the basic gist is that you show up at your local break and talk with other surfers.

Images
    Hey Guys! Maybe we should just use this thread to chat about our favorite spots by name.
    I heard that Belmar, NJ has the best waves on the east coast- and it's always a few feet bigger then other spots...
    Anyone else know of any all time- best working- always has waves spot? (Like Belmar, NJ 16th ave jetty)

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    some IT genius a-hole will create 'Instant Surfing App' so Julie & her crew will know right where to go....welcome her with open sparking spots in thine lineups, yee of the new suffering packed surf order)
    Instant surfing app u say, hmmmmm

I wish I'd thought of this. This post is guerrilla marketing at its finest.

Like with ChatTag you can go to #SurfScripps and you can see what surfers are saying...anything else like that?

0 reviews, version 1.0 build back in August, v1.4 on Nov.7, which I bet is Release. Julie is the developer.

Kookery for surfing, but an interesting Twatter alternative.

Images
    Dude- time to charge up- your iphone battery is getting low- if it dies then you can't check swellinfo.com- belmars best surf prediction website!