LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    IMO, water temp is key, tho outside air/wind speed can dictate what I may wear as much as water temp. Blowin hard last week with air temp in mid to upper 30's. Went from wearing 3/2 no gloves and booties a few days prior, to wearing 4/3 hood gloves and booties...my face froze, actually got relief from duck diving.

I just returned back to surfing from over a 15 year hiatus and then I was still wearing suits that were probably 5 - 10 years old. One thing that now amazes me how easy it is to paddle...far less fatiguing. Those old suits seemed stiff and not flexible unlike today's technology.

Great to feel the stoke again and actually look forward to winter surfing.

Yeah this among others like I dunno windsy McGee. Winds are important dude. Winds are important. Winds are important.

What is your favorite meal and your address. We love and want to help you on a personal level beyond your psychological comprehension because that is what we are here for. That is why you posted here...right? You came to the right place. Don't end your life over this...embrace what we will do for you

Everyone's faced the questions posted in this thread upon arriving at various spots (secret spots and known spots alike). It can be hard to tell what you need before you slip into the water, but I think the questions are valid. We can keep at it.

Do you think alternative wetsuits, like the wetsuit with the patches - pictured - add some level of wind protection? Also, do you think it would work in my favor to have longer hair (as an insulator), or do you think a lot of long, wet hair would make the back of my neck colder upon getting it wet? Should I keep my hair long or short? If long, how long?

It would be great if there was a wetsuit app for iPhones. Is there something like that out there?
    Last edited by whynot; Nov 17, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

As long as you can bear it. Wearing a hood will help a lot, in the fall a major player in being cold is the colder then water temperature, windy air. Spring is the opposite, warm air outside but still in a heavy suit because of the water temps.

Personally I'll wear my 3/2, adding boots, gloves, and a hood as needed till I can't enjoy my outing anymore. Then switch to my 5/4/3 as I don't have a 4/3. In the Spring, I also tend to swap to my 3/2 earlier then most.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post

What is your favorite meal and your address. We love and want to help you on a personal level beyond your psychological comprehension because that is what we are here for. That is why you posted here...right? You came to the right place. Don't end your life over this...embrace what we will do for you
    ...ok.........

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    Oh yeah, you always see at least a handful of those guys! I also like watching the guys that get out of their car with their suits already on! Like they just drove 30 miles from home neoprene roasting their nuts on the way to the beach!
    HAHA, I'll wear my suit in the vehicle when it's frigid out, but when it's 75 degrees out? The water feels refreshing, not cold, been kinda looking forward to wearing the suit, less people out typically

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    Oh yeah, you always see at least a handful of those guys! I also like watching the guys that get out of their car with their suits already on! Like they just drove 30 miles from home neoprene roasting their nuts on the way to the beach!
    How fat are the guys on this site? You know the type that are soaking wet with sweat when it's 65 degrees out Only reason not to wear a wetsuit in the car is that it's uncomfortable. I don't find them hot at all. Easily drive in a 3/2 to the beach in summer. I have my ac on either ways if it's hot. Not much different than regular clothes as far as warmth goes outside of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post

I love reading posts that reinforce to me why I patronize this excellent forum, for my days would be devoid of such intellect otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    farmers almanac of neoprene- very funny

we need to make an n-dimensional hyper matrix with all the variables; water temp, air temp, wind speed, direction etc so we can dial into the EXACT accessories and wetties for any given condition

but we also need to know your weight, height, and metabolism to make sure it's accurate. Be sure to send stool samples to Charles Taylor for metabolic ANALysis
    6'0. 170. 9% body fat. 3000 calories per day

Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    6'0. 170. 9% body fat. 3000 calories per day
    According to the sonic poo clap chart, Nov. 28th will be the last day a 3/2 will be suitable.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Nov 17, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

some people are thin and get cold easy, others are husky walruses and dont need much insulation[/QUOTE]

Thin and cold easy is me . .. Wore a 3/2 almost all summer!