What's up my fellow weather nerds! I'm wondering if our super-weak hurricane season in the Atlantic played a major influence on the strength and size of the super-typhoon that just ripped through the Western Pacific? With the lack of heat exchange that would normally occur from the months of May through November, could all of that "stockpiled" heat somehow have meandered it's way around the globe to escape elsewhere? I guess wherever was the path of least resistance for it to do so?

One night over this past weekend, I saw where the Weather Channel showed the wind speeds and scope of the storm... and my jaw just hit the floor! So feel free to chime in on this topic, or if you have any stand alone thoughts on the hurricane season itself and how that may be relating to other facets of global weather.

I know that typhoon was as serious as it gets and fully understand this topic could be viewed as a sensitive subject ie. "too soon," but i'm here to try and understand the weather behind it, that's all. Thanks for your time....