LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New to surfing

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Just don't buy a bic whatever you do and don't go short board ish.
    Not trying to start trouble with you, Charles. I think a 7'6" Bic fun board is an ideal board to learn on. They are indestructible and catch waves like crazy. Then you can let a friend use it and not worry about it. I still bring out the Bic on dumpy shore break days. You can pick up a used rental board at a surf shop for cheap.

Show us your "DD'S"

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Show us your "DD'S"
    OP says: I'm about 6 foot 2 in. tall and I weigh 180 pounds.

You really wanna see them?

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Not trying to start trouble with you, Charles. I think a 7'6" Bic fun board is an ideal board to learn on. They are indestructible and catch waves like crazy. Then you can let a friend use it and not worry about it. I still bring out the Bic on dumpy shore break days. You can pick up a used rental board at a surf shop for cheap.
    I agree...
    The Bic's are the shiznitz...I have the 7'8" and an NSP 8'2" for friends when they come into town. I can usually get even the least coordinated of my non-surfing peeps up on a wave in less than an hour if the conditions are right. To the OP, just go cheap on c-list!

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Show us your "DD'S"
    Not sure what that is. Searched the net and got too many possibilities. I'm assuming it has something to do with my body. I'm 25, slim but not super skinny. 6 ft 2in 180 pounds. Since i've made surfing my main hobby I have been exercising and doing my best to eat healthy foods.

daily drivers

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    daily drivers
    Only vehicle = nissan 370Z

You seem to be in good shape. If you are under 30 ( you are 25, right?), go for a 6'8" to 7" fish/shortboard hybrid. You will be able to duck dive it, turn it and eventually surf it in good waves. Anything bigger is a crutch. You can thank me later.

Images
    Thank me.................NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RHCPxx311 View Post
    Only vehicle = nissan 370Z
    you might need another car if you're gonna be lugging a surfboard around 300 miles, round trip. I suggest a pickup with a shell...that way you can also sleep in the back, if need be.