LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wut dis do?

Images
    NJ and Erock, thank you for your responses, I was about to check out for a couple weeks again until I saw them. I've definitely felt the skatey/slidiness and don't mind that. On bigger waves I've actually felt like a skipping stone when I didn't have a rail dug in. I'm thinking this may help eliminate that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Does it allow for your dong to hang in the water to create a unique hydro foiling effect?
    Is that surf fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Is that surf fishing?
    trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Daniel Thomson (Tomo Surfboards) has been doing these for a while now. It's not a new concept but seems to really be becoming a fad since Tomo's been getting a lot of exposure recently.

A good friend of mine should be receiving delivery of the V4 he ordered any day now.

www.tomosurfboards.com
    w/ all due respect, people were doing this type of split arc tail long before tomo...& really, tomo's tail shape is more of a double or split diamond than a split arc. it may seem like splitting hairs, but the subtleties are significant.

You guys are all stupid. What you want are parallel profile rails, 11ft of board, with an ego of about the same size. Any other discussions about board design are useless and should be directed towards this site.. www.sonfollowersministry.com/

i thought the split was supposed to help with the loss of flex on wider tail boards. i read that in the stuff rusty has been putting out about surfboard design

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Does it allow for your dong to hang in the water to create a unique hydro foiling effect?
    Only if you have a prince albert.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    If you ride it first thing in the morning, you're stoked on your new single fin.
    That's f-ing hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    i thought the split was supposed to help with the loss of flex on wider tail boards. i read that in the stuff rusty has been putting out about surfboard design
    it does that, too, as part of the effects of reducing the overall area. whether it's clearly noticeable to the average surfer is probably debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    w/ all due respect, people were doing this type of split arc tail long before tomo...& really, tomo's tail shape is more of a double or split diamond than a split arc. it may seem like splitting hairs, but the subtleties are significant.
    That's why I said it's not a new concept

I will still maintain that Tomo's explosion in popularity has garnered attention from tons of shapers who are experimenting with their own versions of the design on their own shapes. That's why we're seeing more and more boards using it (anyone remember the chitstorm between Tomo and Biolos earlier this year?). They are all based in the original "old" concept, though--the basic idea holds.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it does that, too, as part of the effects of reducing the overall area. whether it's clearly noticeable to the average surfer is probably debatable.
    yeah the only time i take notice of flex is when i ride a board without any.