LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A wooden fish

Images

A wooden fish

So I'm building a fish for my brother. Thought I'd share it with the SI crew. I'll post pictures as I go so whoever wants to watch can follow along. I'm keeping it simple.

God bless America.

Images
    image.jpgimage.jpg

The board will start to come together in the following weeks. You will see

Burn it.....burn it now....before it becomes another one of your zombie pox plagues upon America, chucka-boo-boo

I think this has potential, I am not going to bash it, take pics chuckie, Id love a little 5'8 wide fella, but for now Im gonna start with a handplane.

Sweet, where are you building it?

Wo0o0o!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    I think this has potential, I am not going to bash it, take pics chuckie, Id love a little 5'8 wide fella, but for now Im gonna start with a handplane.
    Thanks MIS. I will post pics. believe it or not I wanna hear what u think of the shape while I build it!

Anyone ever seen or used a channel bottom fish ? How about free running twin fins ?

this one has some potential. lets see the pics.

Nice, taking your concave concept one step further!

Personally, I'm not too sure how adding channels to a retro fish will work out--you may want to size down your keels... possibly sink in some fcs plugs for twinzer canards?

How deep are you planning to make your channels?

Can you do a step by step, like pretend you are teaching a child how to do this, like 'I am doing x because of y', etc etc. I am interested in learning about this process as I have only sanded my boards, never shaped one. And the ones I sanded were from a CNC machine where I choose the specs and rocker with the shaper. I have ridden many a board and I know what works for me, but overall the finer points are not my forte' and Id like to learn and see them in action.

good luck chuck. lots of pics.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    So I'm building a fish for my brother. Thought I'd share it with the SI crew. I'll post pictures as I go so whoever wants to watch can follow along. I'm keeping it simple.

God bless America.
    Foam or wood?