LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107

Thread: A wooden fish

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Foam or wood?
    Wake up & smell the latex, clemmy.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    721
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Can you do a step by step, like pretend you are teaching a child how to do this, like 'I am doing x because of y', etc etc. I am interested in learning about this process as I have only sanded my boards, never shaped one. And the ones I sanded were from a CNC machine where I choose the specs and rocker with the shaper. I have ridden many a board and I know what works for me, but overall the finer points are not my forte' and Id like to learn and see them in action.

    good luck chuck. lots of pics.
    A detailed step by step is a bit advanced for this thread. But I'll show good pictures along the way. If your really interested in how it's done come over to the tree to sea forum but you must be on your best behavior.

    Here's the first panel all glued up from this afternoon. image.jpg

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    913
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Wake up & smell the latex, clemmy.
    Good point. The thread is named wooden fish.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Good point. The thread is named wooden fish.
    Check the boo-boo's history, troll-fish: he's got a thing for latex dummies, and that's an understatement.

    Oh, snap....latex dummies.....looks like you're a winner!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    913
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Check the boo-boo's history, troll-fish: he's got a thing for latex dummies, and that's an understatement.

    Oh, snap....latex dummies.....looks like you're a winner!
    Yankee, you've lost me. Just talk come out and say what you mean to me. I'm not up on what name you have for different people anymore. This is an ongoing joke and you're the only one laughing.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    721
    Images
    5
    I'm still laughing

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Yankee, you've lost me. Just talk come out and say what you mean to me. I'm not up on what name you have for different people anymore. This is an ongoing joke and you're the only one laughing.
    Dude I think he's lost everyone who isn't using the SI users manual. Why does every other post emanating from this guy seem to have this weird jargon where gnome, latex, boo-boo and on and on make up every third word? I don't get it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    I'm still laughing
    And there you have it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    721
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Dude I think he's lost everyone who isn't using the SI users manual. Why does every other post emanating from this guy seem to have this weird jargon where gnome, latex, boo-boo and on and on make up every third word? I don't get it.
    It's important to just leave Yankee alone, his occasional chipper is just one of the many complex dynamics of SI

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Nice, taking your concave concept one step further!

    Personally, I'm not too sure how adding channels to a retro fish will work out--you may want to size down your keels... possibly sink in some fcs plugs for twinzer canards?

    How deep are you planning to make your channels?
    If you cant the fins too much, the channels wont work. And side fins on a fish usually have a good cant ( 8 degrees ). I would think the reason to having a good fish is to catch lots of soft waves, and being able to turn rail to rail and carve easily, and have a kinda skatey slidey feel to it. Not a down the line board, but a top to bottom board, so channels might not be useful. Just my opinion.

    I am stoked for your project. Good luck bro!