LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: A wooden fish

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srfmdi418 View Post
    Looks great! I split my time between York and Bangor and build wood boards myself. I've only built 3 so still very new to it, but a very addicting hobby. I use the bead and cove method though.
    Hello srfmd, since you build wooden boards and live in Maine you should get over too tree to sea and connect with Kurt from the maritime museum, he's making a wooden surf board documentary about dudes like us in Maine who surf and build their own craft. Send me a pm if this is something your interested in. I think he was looking for a few more people to feature in the short film.

He already contacted me through the other forum! Looking forward to it

Looks awesome man, great job!

Images
    Thanks old soul ! image.jpg

This thing is ridiculously light weight. 8 lbs before the resin coats

Images
    image.jpg

Rasta color theme

Looks good, Chuck. I bet it will be much more user friendly than your first experiment.

Will you be featured fighting your rubber dude in said documentary? Also, will they include subtitles so the rest of us can understand the Mainard dialect? The only thing I can ever make out is "phvc you Yankee!," which is really weird coming from a Mainard.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Looks good, Chuck. I bet it will be much more user friendly than your first experiment.

Will you be featured fighting your rubber dude in said documentary? Also, will they include subtitles so the rest of us can understand the Mainard dialect? The only thing I can ever make out is "phvc you Yankee!," which is really weird coming from a Mainard.
    No there will be no latex doll in the wooden board film, that's completely ridiculous. Yeah this board isn't for me so I won't be saying how it feels under my feet but the dude who's taking this board has expectations.

That other board I built , well I cut the fin off and put it on the wall in the living room.., it's a tad bit heavy. Cedar is heavy, paulownia is the best, it's easy to get a light board.

The irony with puck u Yankee is the point, it's hilarious right ? I'll say it in this thread, I'm not the man who beats the latex doll. But I will continue to curate the surfer fight club

Board looks good. Im sure dude will have a great time on it.

And for the record i find the latex dummy sh!t hilarious. I dont listen to them most the time. But seeing whoever it is get all goofy on it cracks me up every time.

Yeah, I can't watch those vines without busting out laughing. You should gather some more friends and mob that rubber phvcker--that would be some funny chitt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    The only thing I can ever make out is "phvc you Yankee!," which is really weird coming from a Mainard.
    Actually, it is not so strange at all, considering Maine is a part of Red Sox Nation...